One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,Dottie alzheimer patients do have an ob session with money,i noticed it with my poor grandma,she would hide her purse in the washer,wood-burning stove,oven etc and forget where she had hid it poor dear,i miss her,Kradle,supplements are starting to piss me off,sometimes the sides are as bad as meds! i bought some "nasocort"for my allergies,im sure you've all seen the commercials,well i tell you my heart was racing all nite! almost similar to the mucinex race,i'll just stick to my saline,how was the french restaraunt Mama?hello to everybody,im off to grab something quick to eat,woke up hungry i hate that,later
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Mama,so it was gross?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well today is the day. It's my dearly departed brother's birthday. Second birthday in Heaven. I miss him so much, sometimes it still doesn't even seem real.
        I am sober, and will stay sober.
        I was crying this morning going through some photos to post on Facebook. My hubby came to comfort me and I told him "there is a bottle if wine in the cabinet please get rid of it". And he did. It was leftover from my last drunk and I had been meaning to give it away. But even though I'm on Antabuse, I just don't want it in my house.
        I'm making a cake today, and resting with my family. I have a paper to write and am just going to take it nice and easy today.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hang in there Nursie... :l:l:l

Just a quick check-in. Had a good time at the parade yesterday. Spent the day cleaning today and now going to get ready to go to the Moose and win my fortune on Queen of Hearts... I wish!!!

I hope everyone's having a good Sunday! X

Comment

Dear sweet Nursie :l

Today is my Birthday too. I didn't want to mention this....and I'd like to say that it's just another day but of course it isn't. It's a special day. For me it's special because I can now give my kids the gift of a sober mom - which really means I plan my day now around making sure they have a good time...lots of cake! :H
            So for your brothers birthday give yourself a gift- a Mama manicure maybe or Splurge on a great movie with lots of popcorn and raisonettes.
            I don't mean to sound presumptions, but I'm honored to share this birthday with your brother and with you- you are an amazing gift for anyone. :l:h
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Nursie - just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family today :l If you need to talk at any time you know we're here for you.

And happy birthday Kradle! I hope you have a lovely one!
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

:bday7::bday3:Kradle
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Many, many hugs Nursie and Happy Birthday Kradle!!
                  I have spent the day cleaning and, of course, ironing. We gave Axl a flea bath, so she is all purty now!!
                  Good call on the wine Nursie, even if you are on AB, you are not in a happy place, so I think that's smart.
                  Off to Nana's for Sunday in a few....
                  Pauly - i LOVE lamb (Sorry Nora) and they prepared it weird......and Clay didn't like his Beef Bourginon.
                  But it was really pretty and quaint.
                  And the desserts were to die for!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAE everyone!!!

So wonderful to have hubby home even if it is for a short time. We had a nice day just being together yesterday & today. We went to The Dollar Tree and then to Pannera. Yesterday, we spent WAY too much $$$$ on groceries. That's what happens when you haven't been grocery shopping in weeks.

Going to kick back with my book for awhile. I'll be back.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi gang,

Still here but very busy with new job and I thought that I was not going to travel %^@%&@ just got home for the first time in about a month.... Time to start looking again.

More later, just loving to be home.

FT
                      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Nursie, I'm so sorry you're hurting. It's hard to lose loved ones. I'm thinking of you, and hoping you feel better soon. :l

Comment

Kradle - HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I hope that you have a wonderful day.

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRADLE!!!

:happy::bday7::bday3::bday2:

Comment

Nursie - I'm thinking of you. Such a sad time. Sending you lots of positive energy. :l:h:l
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Had a nice time at the cabin, despite the temperature taking another nosedive. So sick of this cold! I dragged Mrs. Fen out hiking at the nearby State park, Governor Dodge...she whined and complained the whole time, LOL! The hike took us almost twice as long, as there was still plentiful snow and ice on the trail. I'm glad she humored me.

Went and got groceries for St. Paddy's day...making brown bread and lamb stew!

Mama, maybe give that restaurant another try when they've been around for a while. I almost never go to new restaurants, because they need some time to find their rhythm.

Nora, glad you went and got some groceries...you must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel! Glad your hubs is home. :h

Comment

Working...
                                X