Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - March 2014

K9, those cop uniforms are hawt! :H

You know, once I jokingly mentioned to a posse of my friends (all lesbians, some on the butchy side) that we should apply for jobs at Hooter's...and then sue them for ageism, looksism, and all the other various "isms" out there when we fail to be hired. :H Lord knows, I'd need a padded and "push-up" bra to fill those tops...not to mention enough botox to knock Cher over.

Glad things with the kid are going well. Must be a relief!

Comment

Fenny - You are too funny :H I would love to join the group of Hooters rejects and then file a lawsuit. LOL :H There are other places we could be rejected at as well, like Ambercrombie & Finch. Let's do it! LOL
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am SO there, K9!

Here's a funny skit that always cracked me up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaendBOenFg[/video]]MAD TV Abercrombie & Fitch skit - YouTube

Comment

And here I called it "Finch"....like a bird! I'd get rejected just for not knowing the name. HA

Dottie - Huge Congratulations on day 200! I replied in the Nest, but I didn't want it to seem like I completely breezed over it here! I am so darn proud of you. It's been a pleasure to get to know you and watch you beat the hell out of this beast! You go girl! We love you :h

Comment

fennel;1639505 wrote: I am SO there, K9!

Here's a funny skit that always cracked me up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaendBOenFg[/video]]MAD TV Abercrombie & Fitch skit - YouTube
            Oh Lordy that was SOOO funny! :H

And that's why I shop at the thrift store. HA

Comment

crazy day from hell here but ya'll are cracking me up
              I could be an old, floppy Hooter's waitress!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks so much K9. It has been an amazing thing!!
                I have had no end of issues getting on here today. Is anyone else having issues?? I hope the site stays up. I really missed the contact this afternoon....do I have yet another addiction???
                Gym today. Trainer for 30 minutes, he is going way too slow for me but dh needs to start slowly. May need to chat with him about that but for now it is OK...Also did 30 on the treddie...I ran a little and walked a little....need to get my heart rate up. Back on Friday.
                Now just doing laundry.....
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - I couldn't get on the site from like 10am until now! Darn it. I feel lost without you guys!

So Mama, are you saying we should open our own restaurant and call it "Floppers"?

Comment

Oh I almost forgot...I am going next Tuesday for a lie detector test. This process is moving right along! Thank goodness I was painfully honest on the forms, I wouldn't want them to cross-reference what I say against what I wrote down! I admitted to smoking pot (yeah yeah it was 10+ years ago) and to calling in sick because of alcohol. The truth is not easy to write down, but there you have it!

Comment

Quick pop in from me - you've all moved too fast for me again. But the time I read through you're all about 5 subjects ahead.

I could come and work at the reject restaurant too. I think Droopers could be good competition for Hooters don't you?

Good luck with all the job hunting.
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I was thinking we could serve a distinct clientele. Anyone over 90 whose Dr has told them their pacemaker won't stand up to the excitement of the Hooters gals. :H
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Haha "Droopers"those uniforms are so damn ugly i would'nt want to work there anyways,come on it's 2014, shiny pantyhose?80's shorts?bleh i'll pass,K9,im afraid i would fail a liar detector anyways cuz i'd be so nervous eeks! glad Sierra is doing good,i had been wondering about her too,Jane Lynch Fen?she seems kinda....bossy,but maybe im just used to her on that show haha
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Finally! I tried logging in here umpteen times earlier today. ull:

CONGRATULATIONS on your 200 days Dottie!

Mama... that's the problem... I thought I could manipulate my whore moans with supplements and avoid BHRT and instead I did myself in. :nutso: Anyway... soon to be fixed and now I can't WAIT for next Tuesday so I can get started. (And, yep, I researched the shit out of it today!) :H Can you do "bioidentical" hormones (as opposed to synthetic hormones)?

I'll let you know how it all goes Pauly and if it's a winner you should go and get your hormone panel done. I'm shocked at how out of whack mine are.

Sign me up for the Hooters lawsuit. Their horrid little outfits are a slap in the face to the women's movement... a big fat lawsuit will do them the world of good!

Niner... they are really putting you through your paces for this job! A lie detector test... jingos. Just as well you were so transparent on the forms...

:wavin: to everyone else!

Off to make dinner, then I'm going to plonk myself on the couch and hopefully play Words with Reccy if he's still up. (Not to be mistaken for checkers before you all go there!) ;o)

Comment

I'm home, thank heavens.
                              Zen - I am glad you are getting fixed. No more whore moans!
                              Droopers is a great name. I could be the Head Drooper in Charge - HDIC!
                              K9- I am so happy Sierra is doing better. Meds, when used properly are a good thing!
                              Fenny- we could have hired you to take care of Pop!:h
                              Good Luck!
                              Gosh - everyone at work was in a mood. Bri was sick and late....sigh.
                              Everyone else just had opinions I didn't ask for. My boss promised me if I hurt anyone, she would pay bail!:H
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Update: I was sitting in my cubicle and in walk the Police Chief and one of the Captains. The Chief introduced me to the Captain (that I will coincidentally be working for...) and the Captain asked me to stop by tomorrow and meet with him. He said it's not part of the interview process, he just wants to "get to know me". Um...I'm thinking that I definitely have the job, unless something in my background prevents me. But seriously, I've never committed a felony!! And yes I have basically licked the Chiefs boots and butt for this job! HA

Oh, and I finally told my Boss because having the Chief and Captain hanging around your cube is not the norm....she gave me a blank "deer-in-the-headlights" stare like she has no idea....Puleeeze, I talk LOUD and she can hear me. Nice try though. lol

And we definitely need to get our new establishment up and running...Droopy Floppers is going to be a hit!

p.s. Mama - it's nice to know your boss has your back when you get arrested for battery! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X