One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in the airport in Fort Lauderdale waiting for my flight home. We had an amazing time. Perfect weather and very relaxing. I went zip lining! I'll read back later and hopefully check in tomorrow. Celebrating my dads 85 th birthday tomorrow! Just checking in and letting you know I'm alive and well!

Comment

Jacks and Checkers??? The difference? I think now I know what Checkers means but WTH does Jacks mean? Life is passing right by me people!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

allswell see the post from mama above..she explains it better than i can.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Lizann;1640684 wrote: Sitting in the airport in Fort Lauderdale waiting for my flight home. We had an amazing time. Perfect weather and very relaxing. I went zip lining! I'll read back later and hopefully check in tomorrow. Celebrating my dads 85 th birthday tomorrow! Just checking in and letting you know I'm alive and well!
          Liz, that's a beautiful thing!! I want to get a zip line and put it up for the kids...too much fun!

Allswell...jacks often leads to checkers...it's like the warm up act...literally

My little choir girls have now all finished their facials with their friends and are watching Chuckie movies...:wow: I didn't even think they knew what those were for heavens sake...NOT PEACEFUL.........:notlistening:

:l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

The zip line sounds like fun.

My family home was umm... a bit big.. and at one time my father hooked up what I guess you'd call a zip line (we call it a flying fox) from the top of the third story down to the waterfront, passing over the pool on the way so the kids could drop in on their way down. They thought it was wonderful. Edit: my father's an idiot, that's why we get on so well.

My parents used to look after the G's for me while I was at work and I never knew what adventures I'd hear about when I picked them up at night. :H

Example - "Mum, mum we got caught by the water police today...." - Glassy - "Oh Dad, not again!!!!"
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi all,
              I did a zip line way back when. Job sent a bunch of us for a day of "team building" games etc..shortly thereafter they started laying folks off....never understood that..corp America baffles me...
              Off to church then hopefully a quiet afternoon. Need to visit dad at some point...sigh..
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hugs Dots. I know that's hard for you. Lizz, I was just wondering about you. We had a wonderful time last night, and I had some wine. And checkers!!!
                I am going to be a bum today, but the household chores may get the best of me.
                Hope the slumber party was fun Kradle. I miss those days, but I am enjoying my boys being older too.
                Love ya'll
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Glassy, your dad sounds wonderful.:h
                  I have done zip lines too and they are a blast!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1640258 wrote: Fen- I am SO gonna cut you for stealing my girl:H
                    I have an idea...we can all three be secret girlfriends. That way, if someone has a headache, there are plenty of options. :H

Comment

Just back from cabin, so I have a ton of reading back to do.

This morning, I saw a danged skwerl standing up under the front of my fennel-mobile, dicking around. Most of you don't know this, but my fennel-mobile has had thousands of dollars of wiring damage done by wood-chucks. These events take place when I am visiting my cabin. I actually had to stick a trail cam under the car to see who was chewing it! I live- trapped a family of wood-chucks and took them to greener pastures the next county over. You can imagine the cold fear that struck my heart when I saw that varmint messing around...I hollered "HEY"!!!! and the thing took off like it was being shot out of a cannon! When I started the car, I was SO RELIEVED that the dashboard didn't light up like a freaking U.F.O. I guess I'm going to have to start parking further away, again.

Seriously, my car dealership probably has a platinum plaque in my honor in the office somewhere for sheer dollar amounts I've spent.

Comment

Fen, my girlfriend told me last year that she woke up one morning, car wouldn't start, got it going and took it in only to discover an entire nest of rats living in amongst her transmission!!! And she lives in a very upscale urban neighborhood next to Puget Sound !

I had no idea stuff like that could even happen...:wow: man am I sheltered...

Glad you dodged another woodchuck bullet! :l
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1640921 wrote: Fen, my girlfriend told me last year that she woke up one morning, car wouldn't start, got it going and took it in only to discover an entire nest of rats living in amongst her transmission!!! And she lives in a very upscale urban neighborhood next to Puget Sound !

I had no idea stuff like that could even happen...:wow: man am I sheltered...

Glad you dodged another woodchuck bullet! :l
                          Kradle, rodents seem to have a real love for vehicles, either as snacks or nesting opportunities! Or both, it seems. How has she kept other rats from infesting her vehicle? I am very interested in knowing. :H

Comment

Once, I wrapped chicken wire around my car...but of course, they just picked it up and skittered under it. Someone suggested building a garage.

Comment

fennel;1640912 wrote: I have an idea...we can all three be secret girlfriends. That way, if someone has a headache, there are plenty of options. :H
                              OK- but I'm not sure you guys have a very good grasp of this whole "secret" thing. :H
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hiya guys!

I needed the Fen Clone this weekend. I have been as sick as a dawg and could have done with some of the treatment Mrs Fen gets... :upset: I have some frikken virus-or-other that has turned into a sinus infection and I am mega fed up with the whole deal... if I'm not better by tomorrow I'm going to whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge big time. You'll all have band aids on yer ears.

I've given in to the hot flu drinks with the bad stuff in them which at least make me able to turn on my computer and use the remote control! I'm going for a read back... and if I am strong enough *cough cough* I'll be back to whinge some more!

This missive was delivered to you from the couch in the infirmary. I coughed at least twice while I wrote it.

Comment

Working...
                                X