One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice hair color! What product did you use Niner? I have my highlights done professionally but I'm a dab hand with the boxes. Necessity is the mother of invention!

So we're onto a fivesome now, and growing... should we contact the Guiness Book of Records yet? I'm thinking the "large SECRET girlfriend" category... shhhhh.....

Dottie and Mama... it's not nice having to deal with the folks' stuff. I guess it might be better to just bite the bullet and get it done as the longer it drags out the worse youz will feel. Letting stuff drag on makes us all feel like shite anyway, and especially in this case I think.

Pauly... big hugs... I'm sorry you're not feeling so great. :l

Mama... I had to hire and fire on the yachts and it's always a bit of a kick in the teeth when someone walks out... it's MUCH more satisfying to fire them first! :H Kidding!!! Good luck with finding someone suitable...

Sounds like you had a fun childhood Glass!

Fenny and Mama... I went down like a sack of spuds a couple of years ago... I was carrying laundry in from the garage and slid on a trailing nighty (I have wood floors). My legs disappeared from under me and I landed on my elbow holding on to the effin armload of laundry... totally knocked the stuffing out of me. I'm sure it looked bloody funny but, man, I was sore for weeks! Do you have bruises Mama?

Fen... don't you have an interview coming up?

I'm starting to feel a bit more human today but really tired. I hardly slept last night. I don't want to take any more of the flu meds... they messed me up. :nutso: All they do is mask the symptoms anyway and I reckon they're harder on your liver than AL is. I have the house to myself today and I'm going to chill out so I'm fit enough to go down south to the whore moan doctor tomorrow.

My cats don't fart by the way. If they did, I'm sure Bill would blame them all the time...

I think I'll take a look at your Netflix doco from last night Niner. Going to have a shower and do some laundry and then it's couch time chez Zen. I feel like a lazy biatch but I have zero energy today.

Comment

The brand we used to bleach the hair was called "Splat!"...yes it's kinda wild, and definitely for the younger kids. I would never attempt that color, I'd look like something the cat puked up.

Are you feeling any better Mama? I hate the blues! Not even sure WHY...and now I'm dressed and out of bed and at work, and I just wish I was at home! But I was at home all weekend and that didn't help either. UGH. (aren't you guys glad to know I got dressed to come to work? LOL)

Zenny - Enjoy the couch time. I had a bit much of it over the weekend I think. I need to find a good balance. Sierra was busy ALL weekend and I could have joined her in her activities (BBQ, Game night, Karoake) but instead I laid around like a bum, and then I felt guilty. I know, I know, I need to NOT feel guilty...

I have been so busy at work today, don't they know I have other things I need to take care of while I am here? (personal things! LOL)
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - I know the huge cat fight in the office on Friday did not help my mood (She had plenty to say on her way out)...plus Bri exhausts me....and dealing with Pop....and just all of it.............
        plus I went into hibernation mode and I should have gone to the beach or something....gotten OUTSIDE
        No bruises Zen, but my arm and leg are really sore....the one I used to try and stop my fall...
        My moods always pass.......there has been so much drama of late that I think it is finally getting to me, but as Scarlett O'Hara says...."There's always tomorrow"....
        say hi to the Whore Moan doctor...why does that make me giggle like a 13-year old??
        oh...I need opinion please
        and I know I sound petty.............................................
        that being said
        Bri did nothing for me for Christmas, my birthday and blew off Pop's services.....
        her birthday is next month and she's already dropping hints about her baby shower....WTF??????
        Do I be a mature, kind-hearted adult and acknowledge these occasions, or do I be petty and childish and ......not ignore them, but....not make a big deal??
        Bret said to blow her off, but I can only imagine the drama and tantrums that will ensue.....please advise.....
        ps...I love my on-line group therapy peeps!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

and yes...I am glad you got dressed to go to work :-)
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

fen I have no siblings and no kids. Dads siblings are all gone and mother didnt have any siblings either so I am in this alone. Dh tries to help but I need to look through everything. Zen I tried doing it all and almost went screaming for the wine so that wasn't a good idea for me. Good in theory but I did get a few boxes packed up but now I need a place to put them. When the weather warms up we need to clean the garage out and also the mouse poop/pee and get rid of some things...I am still thinking a yard sale or whole neighborhood sale. Gotta warm up first..
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Same here Mama, I shouldn't have hibernated as much as I did! I literally did not take my PJ's off for 2 days. And yes, I did yardwork in them (ok, they are just cotton pants, not flannels...but still). Hell, at least I took a shower after. HA! Ok, as far as the Bri thing...you are not obligated to buy her anything for any reason! But see, I know how you are, and you ARE going to end up getting her something...so just get her some thoughtless gift card...I wouldn't go out of my way to pick a present though!! Or get a card and put a $20 in there!! Problem solved.

So here's my gripe for the day. Sierra's therapist changed her appt. to 12pm today since he has other kids that need to come after 3 because of school. So..I leave work at 11:20, run home, give her the car, get back to my desk at 11:50, she goes and he is NOT ready for her, he thought it was at 1! So here's my question, last time we "forget" they charged us $50....what happens today since he "forgot"...and oh yeah, nice 20 minute "lunch" I had too. Ok...bitch-fest over.

And really Mama, I like Eminem and I can see why you had a dream about him. Then again, I am weird...you know I still love me some Joaquin Pheonix!

Comment

Dottie... I can see what you're saying. I'm one of those people that gets rid of things really easily, I'm the opposite of a pack rat... and I would naturally default to that. I can understand you wanting to keep her things around you though. I'm an only child too, and I have no children. I didn't know my father either so it was just me and my mother mainly.... so I "get" where you're coming from... :l

Mama... semi-ignore Bri's occasions I reckon (as she did yours) and don't make a big deal... with an air of "we've set limits on this relationship... it is strictly work, as you have shown in your lack of participation in my life events. I'm glad I know the ground rules and I'm abiding by them". I think you might be too nice to her sometimes! :h

Niner... are you feeling less blah-ey now? I think we all know getting out and about breaks the mood... but I know for sure I am very bad for isolating when I feel crap. Sounds like Sierra's therapist isn't perfect then shock horror?!

Comment

thanks zen..
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Ok - I haven't had time to read back. But, I did see that you are trying to have a fivesome without me. I don't think so!!! I'm in!! Plus, I've been watching The L Word so I'll know what to do. :H

I'm doing ok. Just enjoying being with hubby. He's here for one more week and then he's gone.

Just wanted to say hi. I'll check in from home. I've missed you all. :h:h
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yes Zenny, I am climbing out of my funk...I keep reminding myself that I "should" be getting my dream job soon and I have things to look forward to! And yeah what the hell? The Therapist is supposed to be perfect...I mean holy crap on a stick. LOL

And update, they did not charge for the last appointment we missed so I feel better. I told Sierra "Good, cuz you know I was about to get all karazy". hehehe

Comment

K9Lover;1641281 wrote: The Therapist is supposed to be perfect...I mean holy crap on a stick. LOL
                        :H:H:H

Comment

Hi and bye Nora! We'll make it a Sixsome.

Where is this EVENT going to take place?

Comment

And don't say my house! :H

Comment

Your house, Zenny!
                              ....There I said it! :H

Glad your feeling a bit better, darlin'. Madison has sleeping most of the morning...tough night but I making my children drink fresh juiced apples and lemon and ginger every single bloody morning- No More Sickies Allowed!!!!!!

:l:h

PD- WHN looks incredible, K9...get the .45 and a shovel, babe...
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

LOL Kradle! :H Are you suggesting I will have some bodies to dispose of? LOL

When is the SIXSOME getting together? We know where...Zenny's. But when?

Ok, so I'm on a chocolate binge. I have my food all prepped for the week, but now I NEED soemthing sweet. And we are watching Frozen tonight, so you know I HAD TO order pizza!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X