One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paulywogg;1641732 wrote: Its my own problem,yes im drinking water,if only you could see this room,you would all understand,i feel all guilty,does she have addiction because of me?did i cause this?no reason to act like mom of the yesr now,too late
    Pauly, not your fault. We all make our own decisions. Good, keep drinking water...it will help you feel better.

Comment

Is "Spice" still legal in Nevada? If it is, it won't be for long...every one else has outlawed it.

Comment

Pauly, alcoholism runs in my family, but it's not my parent's fault that I'm this way any more than it's their parent's "fault" that they were.

How old is Michelle? Is she planning to stay in WA, or is she coming home?

Comment

fen yes I started gardening a few years ago. I grow tomatoes, peppers, parsley, mint, swiss chard, some greens and will try kale this year. I kind of learn as I go. I have killed many a plant so far. I have raised beds and some planters. I love how the veggies taste fresh from the garden.
          Still too cold to plant but I think I can plant kale soon???

Pauly keep drinking the water and hang here with us.
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oh geezz it is in my family too but I am the one that kept it up...I didnt have to but I chose to.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie Belle;1641737 wrote: fen yes I started gardening a few years ago. I grow tomatoes, peppers, parsley, mint, swiss chard, some greens and will try kale this year. I kind of learn as I go. I have killed many a plant so far. I have raised beds and some planters. I love how the veggies taste fresh from the garden.
              Still too cold to plant but I think I can plant kale soon???

Pauly keep drinking the water and hang here with us.
              Oh, I planted kale, too. Indoors, of course. Have you heard this quote? I think it's a good one. "If you aren't killing plants, you aren't really stretching yourself as a gardener."

Comment

Dottie Belle;1641738 wrote: Oh geezz it is in my family too but I am the one that kept it up...I didnt have to but I chose to.
                So weird...my mom is of Irish background, and there are a lot of alcoholics in her family...only the guys, though. Her dad and both brothers. My mom and her sisters were fine. My dad was an alcoholic, and he was Norwegian. As far as I know, there were no other alcoholics in his family.

Comment

thanks fen I feel better now ;-))
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Pauly, are you still around? Keep drinking water. Come and talk with us, okay?

Comment

Dottie, I love that quote! :H

Comment

My dad is German and all his 5 siblings died from alcohol/drugs or cigarettes and mom was Irish so I am certain it was there too but she never talked about it...dad drank way too much...
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie Belle;1641747 wrote: My dad is German and all his 5 siblings died from alcohol/drugs or cigarettes and mom was Irish so I am certain it was there too but she never talked about it...dad drank way too much...
                          With my mom, she said she never drank too much because she saw what it did to her family. But honestly, I don't think she has "the bug", as I call it. I have taken her out to eat a billion times and she is perfectly content with one gin and sour..."easy on the gin." When asked if she would like another, her usual response is "No, I am starting to feel the first one." :H Heck, that's my cue to get another, quick-like!

My dad drank secretly, and that's how I did it.

Comment

I didnt know about my dads family until I was much older. Not sure what I would have done had I known. Mother liked wine but I never saw her drunk unlike my dad whom I saw drunk every weekend. It was a sad thing to see as a child. He doesnt remember any of it now. I wonder if his drinking had anything to do with the Alzheimers. Docs dont know for sure I just wonder..
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Wow...all of your dad's sibs died of alcohol related issues. I really do believe there is a genetic component.

Comment

Yep fen I believe it too. I have no siblings to test my theory or kids either so it will remain a theory.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X