One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I dont understand how people can hurt and throwaway animals. If we lived out in the country we would have more. But we are at the legal limit right now.
    Cats sleep with us but not enough room for the doggies...
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I don't get it, either. Animals feel pain, love, fear...everything we do. Plus, they love us unconditionally. How anybody can be cruel to them or discard them is beyond me.

I saw a feral cat in my driveway at the cabin last fall. I automatically dropped down to my knees and tried to coax it over...to no avail. Of course, she's probably been dropped off, or maybe she's somebody's "barn" cat. Just makes me sad.

Comment

I'm afraid that I'm becoming very fatigued...I barely slept last night.

Dottie, I really enjoyed talking with you tonight. :h I will see you tomorrow, before and after all my running around.

Pauly, if you come on here tonight, the best advice I have is to drink as much water as possible. It will reduce the horrible pains in the morning. :l

I love you all, my peeps.

Comment

Me too fen...enjoyed talking to you...yep we have gym and tax lady tomorrow...should be interesting day.
          Night all.
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning loves
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning! Happy hump day!

Comment

Hi all. I need too read back and catch up. I came in here last night, grabbed my computer and by the time I had turned it on, hubby was here to watch our show. :H:H I've created a monster.:H
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                  Off to the gym then to tax lady to see what the news is. She did dads too and that should be interesting.
                  Hope K9 has recovered from the tests yesterday...
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning! I slept sooo good last night. Really lovely.

Dottie, how are you today?

Morning Liz and Mama...

Nora, I take it you and hubs are still watching the "L Word"? :H:H:H

I'm lazing around for a few before I have to take off for my day of errands. Dental hygiene appointment is my first, but I usually sail through those with no problems. I like my hygienist, and coincidentally, she and her hubs built a house five miles away from my cabin. I don't envy her commute, but I do envy her location.

Comment

X post, Dottie.

I read an article in my paper today about music and Alzheimer's...they are running a pilot program in LaCrosse (WI) in which they set up A patients with ipods and headphones and play the patient's favorite tunes from their past. It's shown to really combat anxiety, yelling, etc. The music may also be helping to increase cognition....I'll see if I can post it here.

Comment

Wisconsin Music and Memory Initiative provides iPods to dementia patients at nursing homes | Star Tribune

Here we go...I guess the article is a couple of days old, but it was just in the Madison paper this morning.

Comment

Thanks fen. I have no clue what his favorite music was but I can see how it would work..wonder what music I would want to listen to...
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Pauly - I'm soooo sorry you had a rough night last night and that I wasn't able to log on and be here for you. I hope you were able to get some sleep and that you don't feel too bad this morning. Please check in soon and let us know! :h

Thanks for checking on me last night Mama! I was emotionally drained, but I have to believe that everything is going to be okay. I did NOT come this far only to be disqualified because I can't remember the date of the last time I smoked weed. They don't even care about the actual smoking, they just care about whether my answer was a lie. If it was, it wasn't intentional!

We dyed Sierra's hair last night (again). It was turning a weird orange/green/yellow color, so she's back to auburn brown, which looks much better to me anyway...but I wanted to let her try the blonde look.

I hope we hear from Pauly soon!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Fenny and Dots- we played some of Pop's old CD's for him....he LOVED big bands, Englebert Humperdink, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin......just some thoughts.....
                              K9 - I think you have this in the bag. I rely on testing, etc., but ultimately it's my decision.....or at least that's what they tell me!
                              Blonde is tough.....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My dad loves Johnny Mathis and The Righteous Brothers (Unchained Melody is his fave song). He has thousands and thousands of CD's. When I was very young I remember my aunt sent me over to a table at a restaurant to get someone's autograph. Turned out it was Inglebert Humperdink. Like I knew who the hell that was. LOL
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X