Army Thread Tuesday 4th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah depression, I welcomed my escape into it sometimes, as strange as that may sound. Lack of caring, not having to feel or deal with things head on, just wallow in the self pity. Of course our old 'friend' AL is always there feeding those negative thoughts and pain isn't he.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Would do but I only have a full tank of fuel and don't really want to have to stop again for petrol this week.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

General wavings , greetings and good mornings today............crikey youse lot have been busy ...............orff to read back.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army its a lovely Spring morning here nice sunny spells but still bit cold. Off to ladies AA meeting at one. I got some spring bedding plants over the weekend so i'll pot those this afternoon if it stays dry. I like gardening also but not weeding and mowing loads of grass. Hoping to get a patio done this summer and a nice wooden shed. Too much grass makes the garden high maintenance and I wish I didn't put that hedge along the wall another bugger to keep at bay. Ah sure i'll get there yet. Get well soon Molly have a couch day and don't go back to work till you feel better. Have a terrific Tuesday folks.:cupajoe::flower::lilflower::rays:

Comment

Had a read back and then thought I'd better get ready for work.............it's quite casual but there might be a a raised eyebrow at a fake fur pink leopard skin dressing gown.

Little bit of anxiety going on as remember the lassie that passed out drunk last week, I'm afraid to say she turned up again a little worse for wear............today's the day she's having a bit of a 'chat' with her key worker. It's starting to affect the other clients. Any way it is not my problem but I really feel for her.

KTAB;1634005 wrote: That's why I feel a bit more positive today. As you probably know AL robs me of any great enthusiasm to do anything.
            Me too

mollyka;1634006 wrote: I didn't realise that was the case when I was drinking -- I 'happily' separated my feelings of numbness and lack of interest in things --- lack of emotions really from my drinking issue --- laid all that at the feet of 'depression' --- if I'd only truly believed that the whole root cause of almost all that was wrong in my life was the grog ---- it causes major problems -- but it also causes so many insidious little ones in our lives it's uncanny!!!
            Nods agreement

KTAB;1634009 wrote:
            Ah depression, I welcomed my escape into it sometimes, as strange as that may sound. Lack of caring, not having to feel or deal with things head on, just wallow in the self pity. Of course our old 'friend' AL is always there feeding those negative thoughts and pain isn't he.
            Aye for an hour or so we could rule the world

mollyka;1634011 wrote:
            Haha --- I know EXACTLY what you mean -- it was like I just gave up struggling and yeah 'wallowed' is the word --- 'poor me, poor me.......'etc!! - yup the booze is the fuel for so much of it --- that is not to say that people without drink problems suffer from depression or indeed all depressed alcoholics don't necessarily become 'un-depressed' when they stop drinking -- but imo an awful lot do ---- certainly I did anyway..... but it's not that clear cut when we ARE drinking --- everything is a bit of a muddle really isn't it!
            Ooooooooooh I throbbed a good wallow.

I was a depressed alkie but I may as well have chucked the anti-ds down the bog..........now I'm all sobery they're doing the job it says on the packet.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I must flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. See yas in a bit.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Noon all I haven't greeted yet - Sweetiepeapie who's wanting coffee, Foxy who's meeting and and JC who's orificing.

mollyka;1634026 wrote: Have a good day Jackieclaire -- really hope that poor lady sorts herself out --- I feel for her so much - I really really do --- it's so easy to think 'ah get a grip' --- and we all know --- it's so hard to 'get that grip'!!! Once we have it -- to throw it away is a travesty imvvvvho :-)
                Laters love --- now deciding between a rock bun or a sausage batch loaf sandwich ---- DECISIONS!!!!
                Molly, you could have both, couldn't you?

Yes, that grip - probably the world's most difficult thing to catch and hold on to. It took me long enough to get it - please let me never let go of it.
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

:hallo:

Spag Bol it is. Had a hectic day.
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Spag bol is always good. Had planned an elaboratish meal, then settled for a good old cheese and tomato sandwich. :H:H:H

Hate it when I have unexpected visitors and the house looks like a demolition site. So, bolting stable doors with horses gone, I'm in tidying-up mode. Anybody who would like to join me is more than welcome.

Comment

Lovely pic, don't you think?

Comment

:waving: Molly and Tips and everybody else

Yes, chillies. Hen hunting in your fragile state? Are you off tomorrow as well - if you're still off your feed I think you should be!

Thanks for reminding me of Brideshead Revisited - going to tuck myself in bed with it.

Oh, and I couldn't bolt the door - it was my own personal blueberry consultant, coming to see why my babies were not thriving. Mission of mercy, sort of.

Comment

:hallo: and good evening

Spag bog here as well but no pancakes.

Amazingly the lady seems to be back on track............she had a little booster chat and seems to have taken everything all on board.............fingers crossed.

That picture is just fabulous, Dreamy.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Been trying to get the BR DVD for ages; so it's the dead tree version.

I didn't get many blueberries last year, but the bushes are still young, so hoping for a better harvest this year. May be hoping in vain.

Off to bed myself - just popped in to say good night and sweet dreams to all. :l:l:l

Comment

Nighty night Dreamy,

Yep, Molls, 'ish' is a very good way of putting it.

Aww your wee girl trying to get into the creche..........she must think she's old enough for pre-school.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:waving: Shite day - thouroughly pissed off with being dumped with more work - someone else doesn't want ! Then being where I am I can see who gets what - and I'm not happy at all. Being totally taken for granted. Going to go sick soon - for a long time I think. See how that works for them !!!
                                mollyka;1634136 wrote:

Had a pig of a day -- well --- a chicken sorta one ---- the poor aul thing was wandering around as she does and a cat came in and terrified her --- she literally flew over quite a high wall --- she was gone all day -- I walked around all the gardens and fields around us --- knocking on doors to see had they seen her an all --- eventually had given up about 4pm and feeling very sad was looking through a gap in the hedge --- there's a creche next door to me --- there she was --- as bold as brass tapping her beak on their front door --- what a RELIEF!!!! AND --- wild animals my eye --- I went running round to get her --- and she ran towards me when I called her --- what an ADVENTURE!!!! -- I'll have to cordon off some of the garden now tho......What's her name Molls ?

DreamThinkDo;1634139 wrote:
                                :waving: Molly and Tips and everybody else

Oh, and I couldn't bolt the door - it was my own personal blueberry consultant, coming to see why my babies were not thriving. Mission of mercy, sort of.
                                a wot ?
                                Sewing Bee - BBC 2 - love it !

Comment

Working...
                                X