X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking time out.

o

Taking time out.

Starlight Impress what strong words you write. I hope you will read this. It is hard to change but definately possible. I know about anxiety/panic issues as I have suffered with them myself. They were particuarly bad when i was drinking. God, how they made me feel, I wouldn't wish on anyone. I have managed to stop drinking for now and my inner panic has really subsided.
    If you feel the need to just read posts for a while that's good but there is always an 'ear' for you if you need it. Bella xxxx

Comment

Taking time out.

Starlightimpress

We will be waiting for you.

Love from all of us to you.

Bluesky XX
      It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Taking time out.

Starlight,

That's a great idea that you have decided to just read for a while instead of leaving altogether. When I originally came here last year it was a great help but then I just gave up. Post again whenever you feel ready and we'll be here to support you.

Take care,

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Taking time out.

Hi Starlight, I have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks most of my life. I was just wondering if you take any prescription medication, and if so, what do you take? I am on Cymbalta 30 mg daily, before that it was Effexor, before that Paxil, zoloft etc. Wine is my best friend too...although I am on day 20 of abs, but so far it hasn't made me want my wine any less, it is just sheer willpower keeping me going to reach the 30 days. I have also posted before that I was hypnotized professionally for anxiety. I would not wish a panic attack on anyone, it is the most crippling experience. I hope you are getting help for this, and maybe you should tackle that problem first and then deal w/ the drinking (although drinking is known to contribute to anxiety). I know how tough it is to have a clear head when you are constantly waiting for the next attack. Good Luck to you, and keep reading! Gita
          "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

Comment

Taking time out.

If there is such a thing as a cyber hug, all of you are getting one right now from me. Just hang in there Starlight. Sometimes that is all we can do and it is enough.

DW

Comment

Taking time out.

Starlight
              I understand. Sometimes we all need some quiet time with our struggles. Just keep reading and knowing we are awaiting your return to the boards.
              I also have terrible depression/anxiety. It became a vicious circle - I drank to self medicate but the medicine only made the disease worse. I am on Prozac which helps a lot and have a great shrink who has really helped with the anxiety and depression. Maybe you should try to find some professional counseling. Sometimes that helps a lot.
              Anyhow, keep hangin' in there, girl. We're always here for you.
              Good luck.
              :l
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Taking time out.

Starlight, I too at one time backed off to observe and occasionally post. It is easy to wander away from this support group and not realize how much it effects you to be without them. We are glad you have been with us and I hope you will try to post every week or so just to let us know how you are doing

Bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
                X