Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY THREAD WEDNESDAY 5th MARCH

Good morning, Army

I thought it prudent to shout out the thread title. Dreamy doesn't seem to pay attention before she's had her morning coffee

Have a lekker Hump Day, folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Neighbours are awake too, Tips. Thanks I do pay attention with half a brain cell.

Beautiful Hump Day here in Dreamy Valley.

Took me threeeeeeee reads of last night's last posts to figure out who the girl was. Pre-coffee and all, see :H:H:H

Satzie, what's this with your days being numbered at work - did I miss something? One of the farmers around kindly gave me some blueberry bushes last year - can't buy them for love or money around here - and I seem to have let them go or brown and shrivelly, hence the need for the BC. They're on drips plus intensive talk therapy, but I think all but one are destined for the compost heap.
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Morning safas actually bright here now, there is a noticable stretch to our daylight hours this past week or so, lovely. Planted a couple of blueberriy plants at the weekend Dreamy, jersey & patriot, should do well in my soil apparently. I envy your fresh figs, not easy to grow in our climate but I have a brown turkey and a nice spot picked out for him so wish me luck.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Tabbers! I've got one each of Emerald, Jewel, Bluecrisp and Snowchaser - or rather had - I really hope they can still be saved; mine are in bags, since my soil is slightly clayey. I'll probably eat the last of my figs today or tomorrow - pickings have been slim recently; then there's jam to be made. Lots of luck with your fig - your climate is totally against you, as you said. Do you cover your young soft fruit trees in winter?

Enjoy your longer days - don't know how you get through your winters; I need a big dose of sunshine every day!

Comment

Only a couple of years in and I just planted veg in year one. I did plant a single gooseberry though, I didn't cover it but it is the picture of health (seems to like my wood ash feeds). So far this year it has been joined by early and late raspberries, rhubarb, three apple, two pear and two plum trees. Managed to put up a decent sized greenhouse in the autumn so plan on getting busy in there too. More area to be cleared and extra raised beds to build. Keeping busy, fresh air and exercise is good for the soul and my liver!

Comment

Tabs, would love to see your garden - be nice and post pics, please?

Comment

Not much to see yet Dreamy only a few spring bulbs.

Comment

Good morning Army.

Hello Tips,Dreamy and Tabbers

Looks springlike here so may do a few things in the new garden. I feel like I am staying in a holiday home as I cannot get used to this new house.

I love the smaller house as it is cosy and has lots of trees and greenery outside

Comment

morning
                  all that started to bud has been frosted overnight.

Comment

Ahhh a new garden to shape Mrs A, lucky you.

Frosty buds not good Rox, no frost here last night but chilly.

Comment

Morning Tipps DReamy and Tabbers. Not long awake and first coffee to wake me up and clear my head. Sinius has been a b it bad lately but not too painful TG. I don't have any fruit trees or bushes but I keep meaning to plant herbs in a big container maybe this year i'll get around to it. I have a few flower boxes and tubs and one hanging basket and they do ok all year round just replace some of the flowers that die and won't come back. Have to take my oldest cat to the vet for checkup this evening. its the blk and white Ollie whos 3yrs old. He's been bringing back his food a bit too much lately tho he looks ok and still eats plays etc but I wud prefer to get him checked out. Also I didn't get to bring him for a boaster shot last year so may need to start that over again. He's heavy and I have to bring him on the bus in the cat box but its only 5 mins journey. Lucky the clinic isn't too far when we get off the bus and it near my house cos its gong to be heavy to carry. Days are getting a bit longer and brighter here and milder too Spring has sprung. Have a wonderful Wednesday.:cupajoe::catroll::hallo:

Comment

Good morning Tipperoooooo, Dreamydoooooooooo, Tabbers, Our Whizzy, Roxxy, Foxyloxy,

Just how lovely is it to wake up, log in and see us talking about our gardens...........Mr JC did a big tidy up at the weekend (as well as slicing through the strimmer cord) all ready to start planting.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:waving: Anon-a-whizz, Foxy&Roxy, JC :waving:

Foxy, do plant some herbs - they're the only things that make my cooking vaguely edible :H:H:H They work even on a south-facing window sill (don't you try this at home Tips, they'll die!). Is Ollie only 3 Fox? Or was it a typo and he's 13? Those vet trips are the worst - I feel so helpless when I can't help my animals.

Later!

Comment

Hi again DReamy and morning Jc. Oh must have made a mistake he's 3 March 18th. Don't think its anything serious but I would feel better getting checked. Off to 1pm AA meeting in a nearby village. Be back later.:wavin:

Comment

Oj Jc after cutting tru cord on 2 hedge trimmers last year I bought a cordless that works on charge up batteries. Just a bit more price wise but cheaper in the long than risk cutting tru cord. I need to make a start on some gardening over the weekend or early next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X