ARMY THREAD WEDNESDAY 5th MARCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Foxxy, didn't kno wyou could get cordless ones.............that's his birthday present sorted this year...........he's borrowed his Dad's for the mo.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

beware the mint!

i had some lovely flowering stuff in my garden the other year. self sown by birds i thought.
      roll on one year and i realise its mint! its everywhere, even in my excuse for a lawn.

Comment

I've never been able to grow mint. Read all the books about keeping in a planter so it doesn't go wild and it just sits there.

Oh and we had a few years when we were getting random potato plants in all the flower beds..............turns out the potato peelings in the compost caused it.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

this mint isnt even useful, its a funny kind that doesnt taste nice.
          given mint so make mint sauce right? wrong.

random potatoes :H

Comment

They've got really pretty flowers with the added bonus when you dig them up there's a pan of taters.

My auld Da used to grow his own mint and my Ma would chop it and mix it with a bit of sugar and vinegar.

Now I am going to do housewifey stuff.........:upset:
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

morning all, back to my flat today after nearly 2 weeks off, dreading it tbh - have an ongoing situation with a lecturer thats making uni absolutely unbearable of late. Gardens all sound lovely, my future mother in law has a beautiful garden, bulbs springing up all over the place - she's kindly donated her greenhouse to my guinea pigs for when it's cold though - though with the frosts of late they've been living in mine and the wife's en suite xD

Been doing some thinking lately, reached out to a good friend after I slipped up on the modding (only drink when home for weekend became only at home, and i've been home alot lately xD) trying to get myself back on track before this goes any further

Comment

I think the situation with the lecturer is making me come home more, I know whenever I'm here I'm probably going to drink and smoke pot every day (I'm aware the pot is a problem for me too, I use it to supplement drinking so I can make do with less). I've been under alot of pressure and the added issue with uni has really pushed me into not being comfortable there any more, so I'm coming back and getting into bad habits again. I'd like to get modding back under control, I'm again in an environment where it would be hard to quit out right - I don't plan to drink tonight as I'll be back at uni for a couple of days, but I'm scared now of being drug and alcohol free for even the next couple of days. Ideally I need to quit all substances, but I don't feel at all able to do that now - I have always used one or the other, my fiance definitely has issues with both too

Comment

:waving: Army
                  Orf to read back !

Comment

Cheeses, Molls. That's not lekker at all.

Better get those men of yours lined up and looking after you.

:hallo: Army

Nephew and GF are coming over for their weekly dinner and slipping of money from mum. Peri-peri chicken, a savory rice with mushrooms carrots and peas, salad. Nothing for afters. We're trying to cut down on our sugar intake. Not even a hidden choccie for me :upset:
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Every fecking week, Molls.

Och... He's not all bad, I guess. I can at least feed him.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

how do all !:wavin:
                        Molls that's some dose you have :l
                        I am very lucky I have to say & don't get even cold - but then you are constantly dealing with the public and all their germs :yuk: !

Comment

Look at RTE 1 =doc talking about flu

Comment

mollyka;1634453 wrote: I'm guessing if my boys had had a relly who was willing to shell out regularly they may have paid the odd visit too
                            What's the rate of unemployment in SA Tipps to do you know? Ours was as high as 15% at one stage - it's down to 11% now apparently (still pretty grim but it IS down) -- but the number of cv's we've received and phone-calls re. a scabby little job in a shop --- it's almost scary I'm wondering do they want work at all or is it just that they have to show proof of having looked for jobs to keep receiving their benefits --- bit cynical me huh?
                            The official unemployment rate is around 27%. However, that excludes people who have given up looking for jobs. The real unemployment rate sits around the 40% mark. And the youth is a time bomb, as in so many other countries.

:hallo: Satz.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And what did I tell you? Had their meal and quick "private chat" with mum in her room, and gone again :H
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

The chicken was lovely - just the right level of spice.

Graduates obviously stand a much better chance of finding employment, but even so there is a fairly high level of unemployment amongst graduates. We have a mismatch between equired skills and output at universities, though. Need more commerce, law, engineering and sciences skills. Not Bachelors of Arts and the like.
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X