Minimum withdrawals. Don't be fooled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again. I'm sorry to say but I am back after a crazy 12 hours on Sunday. I was doing pretty well, and then my husband came over on Sunday afternoon and an argument started. We are currently seperated. He is my trigger. I wound up drinking about 3 bloody Mays and almost a whole bottle of wine.

I haven't drank since then. I think I was always falsely assured that since any withdrawals I have ever had were very minimal ( agitation, cravings, mild headache ) that I would always be able to quit whenever without consequences. This time around I am much more agitated and nervous, the headache is much worse and my jaw is clenching tight. Even after 3 days, it's really bothering me.

The lesson learned for me is that each withdrawal is different and you never know how you will be affected, especially if you are older or have been drinking do a long time.

Sorry to hear this LFP. Dealing with triggers is tough but what will you do different when this happens again? I can only speak from my own experiences, but when triggers arose for me I had to tell myself drinking was not an option. I had to force myself to deal with the situation. Honestly these things are going to happen all of our lives. We can't drink through them.

What do you think you could do different next time?
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I'm with Red, make this your very last withdrawal and it will be a non issue from here one out. I kind of think of it like childbirth, it hurts like hell at the time, but once you move on with life, that memory fades. Then when it happens again, you remember ALL of the old and then some. I hope this will be your last experience with withdrawal...it sucks on every level. Stay the course it is 1000 times easier. All the best, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Looking for Peace, we can't fix a problem by trying the same old thing that never works in the long run. We have to breath through the cravings. Together we can learn new coping mechanisms for the coping with the asinine behaviour of others. I have my triggers and they are mostly around the witching hour when something in my brain snaps and it seems just fine to drink wine. Scary as it really blindsides me. Lately that has been my cue to put the kettle on and this summer I'll be putting a pitcher of water with lemon and mint on the counter. One has to do what one has to do. By the way as a last resort a virgin bloody mary is delicious.
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

I agree with others. You need to come up with a way to cope during the tough times without al. Make up a plan to deal with your triggers without AL. Next time could be even worse.

I know that you can do it. You just need to believe in yourself.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X