thoughts on AF wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on AF wine?

I don't really like AF wine and don't want the extra calorie. I do like my collection of wine and champagne glasses and will not get rid of them.

I loved prosecco and champagne. In addition to vino verde and Pinot Grigio. It's more than just the taste. It is the ritual and the glass. I still drink out of my wine and champagne glasses. I love diet ginger ale out of a champagne glass. I also have a soda stream and add some lemon flavored stevia to carbonated water. I also like the pink grapefruit and lemonade flavored soda stream syrups. All diet, if course.

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

I like rose hip hibiscus ice tea. Put it in a wine glass if you want. I also like POM pomegranate juice mixed with soda water. In a tall glass with a slice of lemon it is a fabulous summer drink. In a bar I usually go for cranberry and soda, but one of those is enough. Then I switch to water. Much healthier!

Once last summer my SIL brought out a bottle of AF wine and some glasses. It made me really edgy. I won't let that happen again. And it wasn't all that tasty either.
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

I am laughing at the broken glasses - I have a mishmash collection too! Not to mention red wine stains on the wall by the bed, dangit! Those drip lines are hard to remove!

These ideas are great and I think I will do just that - get some fun AF beverages and go right ahead and drink them out of a wine glass! Now I'm looking forward to it :thanks:

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

I just wanted to share another great drink find for the sugar free drink people. I got a product called Stur on amazon. It's all natural and is made with stevia. It comes in lemonade, ice tea, cucumber mint, strawberry and pomegranate cranberry. You squirt as much in as you want into sparkling or regular water.

It doesn't have that fake taste of crystal light. It isn't a sweet tasting either. It's more like enhanced water. I can see it as a good bridge to getting used to drinking plain water. Just gradually add less and less if you want. But it's really good and you can put it n your purse or pocket for on the go.

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

frances;1635305 wrote: I am laughing at the broken glasses - I have a mishmash collection too! Not to mention red wine stains on the wall by the bed, dangit! Those drip lines are hard to remove!

These ideas are great and I think I will do just that - get some fun AF beverages and go right ahead and drink them out of a wine glass! Now I'm looking forward to it :thanks:
            Hey Frances:

Re those drip lines---Have you tried Mr Clean magic eraser?....it works like a charm.

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

Thanks Lead - you know what? I don't think I have! I do have them and will try them tonite!

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

I used to pour out my alcohol free beer containers and pour the real McCoy into them. Does this help any? JK Frances.

Those few times that I did drink af beer only led to me eventually wanting to drink the real thing. I was only kidding myself. Now, the taste of beer (whoops-confession) really is gross tasting.

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

LOL spritwolf! :H

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

I've tried low and 'zero' alcohol beers and wines. As time has gone on in my journey I've found my taste buds reversing, the idea of the taste of wine or beer I no longer find desirable so I can't see the point in zero alcohol wine.

When I was struggling to break the alcohol problem zero/lo alcohol wines and beers only served to con myself.

End of the day my friends have changed and my activities have changed and I prefer tea, coffee, water or no drink at all. It's amazing how you just don't have to have a 'drink' of any sort in your hand.
                    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

I tried it.....my reaction was....oh my God get it out of my mouth....fast....its not of this earth...gag.
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

My reaction was exactly the same tasting af wine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CumIj-NH5RA[/video]]Babies Taste Lemons For The First Time - YouTube
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

MAE All,

Great thread as I have been considering AF wine. It's "off the table" now. LOL

I made a great, lo-cal mock tail this weekend. Crushed ice, fill 3/4 with diet cranberry juice. Add seltzer water almost to top. Add fat-free half-n-half and stir. Yummy.

Have a great AF day/night all.
                          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

thoughts on AF wine?

Frances,
                            I still drink out of my wine glasses when I want to feel some sophistication! That doesn't happen often, but I do like drinking out a pretty wine glass with seltzer or something like that. Just feels like a treat.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                            X