Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Saturday 8 March

Good morning Army!

Waiting for the gardener who said he'd be here at seven - lots and lots and lots of weed-eating to be done. (I decided not to take JC up on her kind offer to lend me Mr JC - the poor man might not be so lucky this time)

Was I really the last person to post in yesterday's tread?

Have a great Saturday, all!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Good morning Dreamy and all to come

Not sure what my plans for today will be yet. Mrs. T is taking her mum to do some shopping and the eldest cub is off to a soccer tournament. They'll be playing against 1st and 2nd year Uni students, so I think he's in for a few surprises.

Have a lekker Saturday, folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning army its just started to rain here and its still dark at 6am. Awake early so have the tv on in the bedroom and having a coffee. Too early to get up yet lol. My gardens need attention too the grass is starting to grow and lots of weeding to be done and plants to pot so will make a start on some of it today. Have a super sober Saturday.:cat::television::cupajoe:

Comment

Good morning Army.

Off my run and then celebrating International Womens Day and staying overnight as I have an early long run on Sunday.

Have a great weekend folks

Comment

Mornin'

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1635490 wrote: Good morning Army!

Waiting for the gardener who said he'd be here at seven - lots and lots and lots of weed-eating to be done. (I decided not to take JC up on her kind offer to lend me Mr JC - the poor man might not be so lucky this time)

Was I really the last person to post in yesterday's tread?

Have a great Saturday, all!
            Well my battery died and lappy REFUSED to power up properly.
            Could not get into MWO ...
            Lost the will to live and threw it aside ......

That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
            Not sure what excuse the others have

Hope said gardener has arrive Dreamboat ?

Comment

Good morning Dreamydoooooooo, Tippperooooooooo, Foxyloxy, Our Whizzy, Satzuma

A large bit of Stilton, grapes, real butter, water biscuits, mango chutney and a Cadbury caramel bar lured me to the settee.............and then I didn't move............thas my excuse.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1635521 wrote: Good morning Dreamydoooooooo, Tippperooooooooo, Foxyloxy, Our Whizzy, Satzuma

A large bit of Stilton, grapes, real butter, water biscuits, mango chutney and a Cadbury caramel bar lured me to the settee.............and then I didn't move............thas my excuse.
                mornin' Jackser
                Couldn't you bring the lappy with you ?
                Your MO has changed dramatically -used to midnight-lurk for England X 2
                Do we need to seek medical intervention ?

Comment

JackieClaire;1635521 wrote:
                  A large bit of Stilton, grapes, real butter, water biscuits, mango chutney and a Cadbury caramel bar
                  AND ..... where do you put it ??? hollow legs methinks :H

Comment

Morning again!

Excuses excuses excuses! At least Mrs A and Foxy has something planned for the day.

Said gardener is probably hungover, Satzy; my regular gardener came round looking for transport to drop something off at his house, so he's got the job now after I transported the freight. Smell of freshly cut grass - real smell of summer.

Where is Molly?
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

satz123;1635523 wrote: mornin' Jackser
                      Couldn't you bring the lappy with you ?
                      Your MO has changed dramatically -used to midnight-lurk for England X 2
                      Do we need to seek medical intervention ?
                      I have a rather large Lab that drapes all over me on the sofa............'specially when I have cheese.

Been trying not to midnight lurk in the vain hope I'll get more sleep.............har de fecking har. Get the same amount either way..............so watch this space.

satz123;1635524 wrote:
                      AND ..... where do you put it ??? hollow legs methinks :H
                      You'll see in exactly 28 days..............goes straight to me thighs.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1635527 wrote: I have a rather large Lab that drapes all over me on the sofa............'specially when I have cheese.

Been trying not to midnight lurk in the vain hope I'll get more sleep.............har de fecking har. Get the same amount either way..............so watch this space.

You'll see in exactly 28 days..............goes straight to me thighs.
                        Get outta that- more meat on a butcher's pencil :l

Comment

satz123;1635528 wrote: Get outta that- more meat on a butcher's pencil :l
                          I hide it well..........gone up a dress size in a year.

Do you know I was just think about Joe giving the job to that fella......well done him and Molls.................it is fecking hard looking for a job in your 50s despite the fact there's supposed to no age discrimination.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Non PC alert !!

Yeah JC - this is controversial but my opinion & I'll say it !
                            Disclaimer :
                            Apologies to any of the following reading:
                            those with kids,
                            pregnant,
                            young
                            Those who've had painful surgery to attach their 'phone to their body
                            Weekend booze hounds

but I've always said if I ever had a business I'd deffo hire older folk
                            - they are reliable - won't get pregnant - won't have sick kids keeping them awake at night & can hold a 1:1 conversation without having to be surgically removed from a cell phone and
                            USUALLY :egad: don't go on the batter at weekends.

Young punters treat them like Dad or Mam and older punters can exchange stories ......
                            win /win
                            I love M&S for that reason - but then all this is 'cos I'm old - so there ya go...:H

Now to find a business .....

Comment

Tend to agree with you Satz especially the phone. Mind I might get a tad disturbed if I went into Hollisters and found a bunch of OAPs bopping around in teeny weeny skirts and t-shirts.

Now then this phone thing is beginning...........ha beginning..........it's driving me nuts. Getting on the bus, getting off a bus, talking about everything on the bus ..............do the passengers really want to know how your last smear test went.............at a till, at the bank, the punters at work, crossing the road, .........thought I was going to witness someone being run over by a double-decker last week........I'd bet she would be still clutching her phone in the ambulance had it hit her...............pushing a pram the size of a small car while trying to get on the bus................shall I go on.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X