Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time

:new: HI everyone just thought i would say hi
    just logged on for the first time today,and have been on pretty much all day soaking up as much imformation as possible.
    I really need help with this evil alcohol, i have had a really bad five years and my drinking is getting progessivly worse.
    Five years ago my brother committed sucicde , a year later my mum died , my realationship broke down, I ve had five surgeries in five years and to top it all of my dad died two weeks ago, the drinking makes the pain go away (till the next day) .
    I have two beautiful kids who hate it when i drink they are even hiding the wine(how low can one go).I want my kids to get there mum back, I want them to be proud of me not ashamed . Please tell me this is going to work for me.
    Desperately need people to talk to who know how i feel , I have ordered the book,cds, starter kit please tell me this isnt some scam praying on the weak . I really need this to work.:h
    ACCEPTANCE IS A POWERFUL THING

first time

:welcome:

Chilli

No scam. this is a life changer. boy you have had it tough. I promise you this programme works. I have done the whole thing exactly as per the book and have gone from being an every day wreck to an ocasional moderate drinker.

Be patient and kind to yourself, read everything here and keep posting and asking questions.

The supps and hypno are brilliant and I am a big fan of the topa.

You will find no judgements here, only support. Good luck!

Rip x

Comment

first time

Rip,
      Thanks for your welcome, and reasurance,how long have you been on program, how long did it take you to get the stuff? how long does it take to start working? your should nt have told me to ask questions ha ha

Comment

first time

Oh my god Chilli, Im so sorry to hear that your father died two weeks ago.

I can not imagine coping with what you have outlined in your post.
        How sad and how difficult your years have been.
        Drinking wise,... the programme will help, but do pull out all the stops and try and do it with gusto (all of it).
        Chilli, your circumstances are extraordinary, have you considered having counselling as well? Because the emotional scaring that you will have from these events in your life may need more help to sort out.

Be kind, patient and gentle with yourself. One bereavement (your father's just two weeks ago) would take weeks and weeks to heal emotionally, but you have other issues that need to be dealt with as well - your mothers death and brothers suicide.
        My heart goes out to you.

Keep posting Chilli and take care.
        Amelia:welcome:
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

first time

Sorry Chilli, I forgot to stress 'No Scam'!!!
          No one is asking you for anything here, that is the way you know there is nothing wrong with the site. It is all about one person (RJ- author of the book) having a problem with alcohol and finding a way out after many many years of fear and frustration.

She wanted to share that and thank god she has......
          All this website is about is getting your drinking problem under control, feeling better for yourself and giving and getting support, it is that simple.
          Amelia x
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

first time

hello Chilli and WELCOME!!!! No scam, this is for real. I am sorry to hear of all the saddness in your life. But what a great desision you have made to deal with the alcohol. I know myself how easy it is to numb the worries we have with drink and in the end it only makes things worse. you will get alot of support and help by coming here. I do. Post again and all the best to you. Bella xxxxe

Comment

first time

Welcome Chilli!

My condolences on the recent loss of your father, and for your other losses as well.

You've found a great place, with lots of supportive people. And what surprised me the most when I first joined was how similar other's stories are to my own.

You can mix and match the different parts of the program to what works for you, for example some people only take the supplements (no Topa). And you can purchase the supplements from any source (though I've heard the kudzu on this site is better formulated than others).

But the most important part of the program is you - you need to want to make a change. Reading and posting is a great way to stay committed, and find support.

Good luck!

pixie
              AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

first time

Hi Chilli,

Im new too, and from what I have read all i can say is that everyone here will be as much of a family to you as they can. It must be very hard with all the tragedy you have been through in the last 5 years.
                I admit I havent taken the route of the cds etc yet, Im trying cold turkey..... so not sure how that works for everyone else. If I fail this time, will def go the hole hog and order everything available.
                You have made a big start, and we have all hidden things from the people we love
                X

Comment

first time

Dear Chilli
                  What a terribly difficult time you have been through. I can totally understand how you would try to self medicate. The pain must be hard to deal with. My heart goes out to you :h
                  This is not a scam - it is very real and very wonderful. Keep reaching out to us instead of the bottle. We can all do this together. You will find friendship and support here 24/7.
                  You ask how long it takes for the program to work - well, it has started working already. You are here and we are all here with you. It only gets better from here.
                  Ripley said it all:
                  "Be patient and kind to yourself, read everything here and keep posting and asking questions"
                  :h :welcome: :h
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

first time

Hi Chili & WELCOME!

Let me put it to you this way: What you put in is what you get out. You have to want it badly enough. A goal & a plan and baby steps....and us of course for moral support!

I started on Topa over a yr and a half ago by my Dr. and then read the book. Unfortunately I only went thru the motions of trying to quit. Deep down inside I wasn't ready to give up the hooch. Needless to say...it didn't work because I didn't let it work.

This past Dec. 06 I decided that with every energy I had I was going to do it. I officially joined the MWO site, took Topa, and with mind, body and soul decided that this was it. I was going for it. Tomorrow I will be 150 days AF.

The journey looks tough, but as long as your equiped with the proper tools & take each step slowly & pace yourself, you will stride many AF miles. And you'll meet so many friends like us on your great journey to boot!

Keep a postive attitude that you CAN do it, have a plan & goal, know you can depend on us for moral support and never give up.

:welcome: and glad you found us!
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

first time

Chilli, I agree with Ripley; you have been through a lot and you would benefit greatly with some help working through it. If you will look in your phone book I am sure there will be counsolers you can call and see without too much trouble. These guys can be a big help.

Bear
                      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

first time

Hi Chilli,
                        Condolences for you, I am glad you are here, be strong.
                        Love Angellina -x-
                        Just believe - that's all you have to do

:lilangel:

Comment

first time

Hi Chili,

This program is a lifesaver, but you definitely need to put your heart and soul into. I'm sorry to hear of all of the difficult times that you have had to endure during your life. You will get tons of support, empathy, and advice from all of the wonderful people here. Download the My Way Out book or stop by a local bookstore. That's where I found mine, and thanks to the book, I found this website. I've read the book several times and log on here everyday. It's been so helpful for me. No gimmicks at all! Look forward to hearing from you again. Good luck.

Julie

Comment

first time

Hi everyone

Thanks heaps for your support, I know that it all sounds pretty bad but i still have my kids and my faith in life and my self that i will get through this.
                            Iam just finding it very hard to think what the hell have i done to deserve this , life just keeps throughing these curve balls at me and i think it finally is just too much, they say look at the good stuff, i try so hard, i think i am a good mum , i know iam a good mum but i just hate that i can not control this part of my life, and yes iam getting help , but it just feels like you go in off load go back to your real life it just dosnt change anything, but thanks i felt realy great when i got so many replies need that right now.
                            pretty sad ha'

Comment

first time

Not sure what iam doing hope i am repying to everyone ?

Comment

Working...
                              X