Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been awhile

Hi All,

Well it has been awhile. With the ever present help of this site, I have had great gains in the past and yet something different has happened to me now that I didn't see coming. I'm hoping that someone out there has experienced the same.

Way back when, I started drinking due to social phobia. Years of al abuse went by trying to fill that void but of course, that's a quick and dangerous fix.

These days, I try to deal with my phobia responsibly but found the answer in a doctors prescription of Prozac. Oh it works and such a relief. All of a sudden I have a renewed interested in people, things and places. I also have developed a renewed interest in drinking. Oh dear.

Guess I'll go back to the docs to ask why and possibly change it but here I am, intoxicated once again and very unhappy.
    Don't tell me it can't be done until I'm finished doing it.

Been awhile

hi shanny
    welcome back.

well, isnt that an irony. i know nothing about prozac. speaking to your doctor is a good idea. did she/he know about your drinking before prozac?

take your time in thinking about and maybe writing down why YOU think youve started drinking again. it helps to write things down immediately you think it, even if you decide its not what you want to think. it objectifies it and helps you see a pattern of thinking.

Comment

Been awhile

Roxane,

I so value that you took the time to respond.

The Prozac seems to make me feel better. Like a renewed interest in the world around me. I guess that I have a pre disposision to al and that has now taken hold. What should I do? I get sick of going back and forth to the doc. They only know so much.

Has anyone out there experienced this? Can some one help me before al takes hold again?
      Don't tell me it can't be done until I'm finished doing it.

Comment

Been awhile

Hi Shanny,:welcome:

You will get a much faster response if you go to the "Just Starting Out" Forum. Click on The Newbies Nest. There is a lot of support there, and someone is always online. It's a very active forum and you probably need some quick, as well as ongoing responses and supportive suggestions from the people there. Keep reading and posting.

Comment

Working...
        X