dangers of drinking alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and I've given myself haircuts while drinking alone. Very scary waking up with short SHORT bangs!
    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

I have also cut my hair while drinking.Not dangerous but can be a mess. I've put pizza in the oven and passed out and its just ashes. A friend of mine woke up to find he'd shot a jole in the ceiling. Another passed out and rolled next to a heater and got burned badly. Bird

Comment

Once I left a candle burning all night, with kitty cats running around the house!
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

I personally can't think of anything GOOD coming of it whether alone or in a crowd.

Comment

I pretty much always drank alone, I perferred it. No one could say "ya think maybe you should slow down?" I hade no judgements made on me and I liked it. But the next day the reality sets in who you called drunk, bruises you can't explain, I have made very large promises drunk and alone, that I had to deliver on while sober. Very costly. So the next day, I started drinking again to forget the day before and the embarrassment. Just like a dog chasing it's tail. Drinking alone is bad news all the way around. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still here some of the stupid stunts I've pulled while drinking. I guess God still has work for me to do.
            Mar

Comment

RedRobin/Chili
              I have also decided that not drinking alone is a very important part with my goal for moderation. It made me depressed and I would often start fights w/ my BF over small silly things, and over time it has affected our relationship very negatively. And OH the phone calls! I too, wish I had a breathalizer on my phone! I've made the biggest ass out of myself drunk dialing. I've had to remove phone numbers from my cell phone to make sure I stopped calling while drunk.
              Gita
              "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

Comment

Bella, Thanks for being brave enough to share that. You probably scared the s--- out of you husband. There are probably many on this site who have lost a loved one to suicide. It takes a long time to get over. Drinking alone at home is one of the things that has led me here. Not that anything terrible has happened besides ruining my ability to function for a day or two, but because it makes it so clear that even though I never drink before 5, I have a major problem.
                Louise

Comment

I can sure relate to the drunk dialing....I am the type to habor bad feeling...if I am hurt it burns my soul...it is very difficult for me to let things go...so, add alcohol and a phone and I you a reliable to get a drunk cussing out. OMG...I am so glad those days are over.

Comment

Hi all,

Bella thank god your husband was there.

I've done lots of silly things, drunk dialling and texting. I even used to use up all my mobile credit before I got drunk and even cut the wire on the telephone so I wouldn't be able to call out!!

I've woken up with a split head and burns through cooking but the most potentially dangerous was smoking and waking up in the morning on the sofa with a big burn hole in it. Thank god for fire resistant furniture!!!

Kitty
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                    Confucius

Comment

Drinking alone + medication= dead....
                      My sister-in-law.
                      See "what we believe "for the whole story.
                      Nancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Bella,

are you af?

Comment

Working...
                        X