Army thread Thursday 13 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SiC;1637454 wrote: I'm ok considering Satz, my day yesterday got worse, my fiance's been really depressed for a while, basically he disappeared from all contact for 3 hours last night after saying something about how other peoples lives were more important than his. so I was up late panicking just thinking the absolute worst, he was ok in the end (he'd passed out drunk at his desk, so not exactly great) he's alot better today but really shook me up, being 2 hours from home and everything I didn't know what to do. Really just pushing through til after my presentation/exam tomorrow so i can go home and be with him
    Inchy - you need to just concentrate on YOU.
    Don't hold yourself responsible for others lives..... even the wife.
    You can't fix his 'stuff' and to be honest he needs to stop expecting you to sort out his problems ? - 'specially when you have your own shit going on.
    Sorry :l

Comment

to be honest satz i've told him the same thing you told me, several times. I'm there for him as much as I can be, but he doesn't seem to reciprocate on that front.

Comment

SiC;1637465 wrote: to be honest satz i've told him the same thing you told me, several times. I'm there for him as much as I can be, but he doesn't seem to reciprocate on that front.
        I don't know the personalities involved Inchy but going on what you've said so far ....
        T'is kinds emotional blackmail - a bit of attention seeking?
        - just stay strong and get through your presentation. He'll still be there when it's over.

My daughter used to drag me down into her problems - that I couldn't do anything but advise on - and I've told her that. "Don't tell me 'stuff' UNLESS I can do something about it" and I'll do the same for her !
        All on a 'need to know only if I can help' basis now.

I used to have sleepless nights after one of her 'phone calls - she would swan off then & sleep like a log - 'cos really it was not the big drama she made it out to be....
        My feeling is he will feel the same once sobered up ?

Comment

it's not an attention seeking thing, he has been really depressed and is on meds now (part of the worry was last time he tried meds they made him behave very erratically, I know he wouldn't do anything in his right mind). his family life lately has not been great and he doesn't know how to cope with anything like that (very sheltered upbringing) The way he's the only one i can talk to, I'm that for him. It's selfishness really, when he's got troubles, he can't see past his own problems to how other folks might feel - I always say to him to talk to me if it helps, unfortunately it means I can't talk to him any more

Comment

satz123;1637472 wrote: I don't know the personalities involved Inchy but going on what you've said so far ....
            T'is kinds emotional blackmail - a bit of attention seeking?
            - just stay strong and get through your presentation. He'll still be there when it's over.

My daughter used to drag me down into her problems - that I couldn't do anything but advise on - and I've told her that. "Don't tell me 'stuff' UNLESS I can do something about it" and I'll do the same for her !
            All on a 'need to know only if I can help' basis now.

I used to have sleepless nights after one of her 'phone calls - she would swan off then & sleep like a log - 'cos really it was not the big drama she made it out to be....
            My feeling is he will feel the same once sobered up ?
            Brilliant advice Satz. Inchy it is so important that you look after yourself and you be the number 1 priority. A lesson I learned very late in my journey but not too late

Comment

SiC;1637476 wrote: it's not an attention seeking thing, he has been really depressed and is on meds now (part of the worry was last time he tried meds they made him behave very erratically, I know he wouldn't do anything in his right mind). his family life lately has not been great and he doesn't know how to cope with anything like that (very sheltered upbringing) The way he's the only one i can talk to, I'm that for him. It's selfishness really, when he's got troubles, he can't see past his own problems to how other folks might feel - I always say to him to talk to me if it helps, unfortunately it means I can't talk to him any more
              xpost Inchy:l:l

Comment

mollyka;1637365 wrote: BBC Believes You Only Read 6 of These Books... - How many have you read?

Anyone with time on their hands --- wanna have a go at this??
                69!

Comment

anon;1637481 wrote: 69!
                  :shocked: Ms A - hope we are still talking about books !

Comment

satz123;1637485 wrote: :shocked: Ms A - hope we are still talking about books !
                    :H:H:H:H:H
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

LMAO Satzy :H
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hiya Dreamy

Mrs. T, mum, MIL, the cubs and a friend of mum's are all off to see Kanna hy ko' hystoe at the Spier amphitheater. A good friend of Mrs. T's is one of the actors.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And tomorrow night we're going to listen to Laurika Rauch - same venue.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Part of the Woordfees.

(Festival of the Word - a cultural shindig that celebrates all things Afrikaans).
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ha!

At this rate, we'll be up to 7 or 8 pages in no time
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tips, and why are you not doing the Kanna thing?
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X