Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find documentation

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has found any further articles that are recent (2006, 2007) supporting the use of Topamax helping abstaining? My PDoc said he vagely recalls reading something relatively recently claiming Topamax isnt really that effective. So far he considers the information from the 2005 studies not that important and that my comments about how it has helped so many here as merely anacdotal.

I see him the 21st. He will prescribe it to me by the way as long as I sign a waiver. Curretnly I am on Naltrexone and Campral and they arent doing a damn thing.

So to sum up.. anyone have any recent articles that they can point me too about Topamax? Thanks in advance.
    Hablur

Hablur - I don't know about the most recent studies - but, HBO aired an addiciton special series in April of this year. There was an episode on alcoholism and the 2 people that were featured used topomax and were able to stop drinking. You may want to mention that - there may still be some episodes airing on HBO, or, maybe if you go to the HBO website to see if you could find more info.

Comment

I am attaching the url for Dr. Bankole Johnson, the principal researcher for the original research on toprimate. He is now at the C.A.R.E. center for addiction research at the University of Virginia and is having ongoing success with the use of toprimate.

UVa Center for Addition Research and Education

Dr. Johnson was also featured on the recent documentary on addiction on HBO where people talk about their successes with toprimate. See HBO Online

Good luck
      :l
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

scroll to the top of the page & under MWO ~ click RESEARCH. There are articles there (although I can't remember how recent they are).
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

PM RJ...she may be able to help quickly since you are in a pinch for time

Comment

Working...
          X