Did I miss Red's 3 year thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damo180;1638895 wrote: Congratulations Red.
    I hope to get there eventually. All you long termers are such an inspiration to me.
    Thanks and very well done.

Damo in Dublin x
    Thank you Damo! It's funny sometimes to be called long termer because it really comes down to just one day at a time for me. I can still vividly remember the hell of drinking like it was recent. I still am amazed it finally came together for me to quit for good. That's why I keep coming here to read everyday, because I never want to go back. These 3 years have been the best years of my adult life and I don't ever want to lose this.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

FlyAway;1638904 wrote: Hooray for Red! :goodjob:
      Thank you!

Comment

Pavati;1639016 wrote: Hi, Red--

Just noticed your quit date on another post you made and came right here to find your three year (!!) thread. Thanks for getting it going, Nelz.

I appreciate your posts so much - they are so real and thoughtful. You are a wonderful presence here at MWO. Congratulations on three years - that must feel amazing.

Pav
        Thank you Pavati! I really appreciate that you took the time to write such kind things. I love this place and wish I could be a better role model (help out and post more often). I am not a great writer (post mostly from my phone) so it can be difficult to be more prolific.

Thank you again for being so kind, I really do appreciate it!

Comment

myhappyplace;1639023 wrote: Congrats Red! well done!
          Thank you! I love you Undies (my mom is going to Australia for 3 weeks this summer).

Comment

lifechange;1639025 wrote: Three years!! I always enjoy reading your posts, Red. Thank you for being here to support and inspire those of us early on in the journey!
            Thank you Lifechange! It's been an amazing journey and I just want others to get on board and see how great life is without the hell of alcohol.

Comment

Huge congratulations to you Red :wd:

Another being here who appreciates your presence and posts on MWO xx

Comment

Huge Congratulations on 3 years to a lovely lady.

J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1639211 wrote: Huge congratulations to you Red :wd:

Another being here who appreciates your presence and posts on MWO xx
                  That's so sweet, I love reading your posts too! Thank you!

Comment

JackieClaire;1639218 wrote: Huge Congratulations on 3 years to a lovely lady.

J x
                    :l
                    Well Jackie, you know I really appreciate you (and all the Army folk). I wish I could keep up with you guys but you'll yap all day long and I got work that needs to be done:H:H

Just kidding, I do read everyday and I just love all of yous to bits. You all were the first to really welcome me and help me in this journey. I can't say enough how much I would miss you and this place if it ever went away. You, Molly and Brydie are like my internet mom's and I really look up to you for guidance in this journey.

Comment

AAAAMAZZZING 3 YEARS. CONGRATULATIONS. It is so wonderful to others ahead of me really enjoying their lives.
                      :wave::wave::wave:
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

little beagle;1639241 wrote: AAAAMAZZZING 3 YEARS. CONGRATULATIONS. It is so wonderful to others ahead of me really enjoying their lives.
                        :wave::wave::wave:
                        Thanks Beagle! It is wonderful and amazing. I could not imagine ever going back. Even my worse days now are bearable and I actually learn from them instead of drowning them out with AL. That's the biggest thing I appreciate in this sober life, actually having feelings (good and bad) and learning how to deal with them and learn life lessons. I always wanted to drown everything when I was drinking. No wonder I never grew up emotionally! There are things I deal with now that I thought would actually kill me to deal with when I was drinking. I had no idea the drinking made everything so much worse than what it really was.

Thanks again Beagle (love your Avatar!)

Comment

Congratulations Red!

Bravo my friend.

G bloke. xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1639287 wrote: Congratulations Red!

Bravo my friend.

G bloke. xx
                            Thank you G Man! You are an amazing person here I truly appreciate you taking the time to post to me.

Comment

Congratulations, Red! I haven't posted to you directly before but I have always appreciated you posts. Thanks for being here and sharing this place with us! Great job!
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Red...I love your tag line.....no drinking no matter what. It's a powerful mantra that solidifies my AF resolve me every time I read it! You are a fabulous and might I say - non-absorbent- inspiration to me and so many others here. Congratulations on three incredible years of freedom.... with gratitude from the northern AF section under the sea!
                                Sober for the Revolution!
                                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X