Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well here I sit to clean up the mess again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not talking about a DUI or anything like that, I am talking about my house, chores, errands, banking, job hunting. I am 61, retired at 59, regret it, money is dwindling. I used to drink every night after work, now I am binge drinking badly. With time on my hands, I start in the morning & put ice in my wine & basically slowly drink all day till I basically pass out in my bed after late night TV. I'll get 2 weeks sober & then binge drink for like 5 days. The pattern starts with some sort of emotional upset(mild or big). Last week it was after a job interview where they asked me if I could climb a ladder(store displays). I can't climb one, I am 25 lbs overweight, arthritis in the knees, & something wrong with right foot. I don't even know if I can be on my feet all day for a shift. Retail jobs seem to be the only jobs available to someone of my age. I am still smart, funny, friendly, don't look my age & can still be an excellent employee! So, basically here I sit with laptop watching daytime TV & know I will be cleaning up all the empties today & this mess surrounding me & starting on Day 1 yet again. :upset:
    :l:rays:

I am sorry. I know how it feels to be unable to find a job. It's not fair.
    This is a very friendly, supportive place and the best ppace to be on day 1 or 1000. Check out the Newbies Next and Toolbox. These are great places to start so you can make this your last day one.:l
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hi Missy!
      I remember you from a while ago, I'm glad you're back. Molly is right, the alternative to drinking IS wonderful. Maybe you'll never get another job that you really like, but imagine spending your days doing something you DO love. You could volunteer, or find a new hobby. You have the one thing that money CAN'T buy = time. You worry about money but you are literally pouring it down the drain (but you're making your liver process the poison first). I know how badly you want to quit. You can start living your new life RIGHT NOW. Since the past hasn't worked out so well, how about trying something different and pouring out the rest of the alcohol and telling yourself "TODAY is the day?" Putting it off won't make it any easier. I'm sending you love and strength. I know you can do this!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Missy,
        How are you doing now? While you think you are in a "mess" right now, I hope tomorrow morning brings you bright sunshine and hope. It will be a new day- and like K9 says, you have the gift of TIME to explore your options.

While you have your computer out, post and let us know how you are? Then, how about muting the TV and trying to find something that speaks to your heart? There are many alternative careers where you can find laughter and friends. Being home alone can be stressful and lead to temptation.

Hugs. :hug:
        "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
        so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
        :hug:

Comment

Working...
        X