Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Friday 21 March

Good morning Army!

Wish I was really making coffee over a camp fire - this will have to do.

Must have a talk with my Sleep Fairy and the relationship between her hours of work and my hours of sleep... The Dream Fairy has been busy, too - on the B-side of the soya mince dream...

Happy POETS to some of you, happy skiving to Tips, Elsie and me. Anybody else off today?
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Morning, Dreamy

What the feck is it with my body clock? Wide awake at the usual time we get up on weekdays :upset:

Do you enjoy camping?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tips - this is silly! Body clocks still set for Friday, obviously.

Love camping, don't do enough of it, sadly. I've a feeling it's not high on your list? And BTW, there's an unanswered question for you from yesterday's 20 Questions.

I can either get dressed, go outside and watch the sun rise, or get back into bed and see what happens. Decisions, decisions, decisions

Comment

If we were better geared for camping, I might be more enthusiastic about it. I hate shared ablution facilities, though.

The worst dish I ever cooked? I suspect I might have suppressed some bad memories :H Most likely a veggie soup some years ago. It didn't even contain chicken stock, plus got burnt after being left unattended. It was the only food in the house at the time, so it had to be eaten.

So are you up yet?
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

The more basic the campsite, the better I like it! I've burnt a couple of pots and pans so badly that I threw them out.

Decided I'd better do something with all the quinces I have, so looking at recipes. I'll probably make some jam or jelly, and want to cook and freeze some of them to use in potjies - perfect for winter!

Arctic wind blowing here.

And the site is so slow I’ll probably have time to learn Russian and translate War and Peace before my post goes through.

Comment

You HAVE to roast some of those quinces in the oven with butter and brown sugar... Beyond delicious.

Luckily no wind this side of the mountain.

I haven't attempted making any jellies yet.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Just halved, cored, say 180C for as long as it takes?

Wind has moved on - not complaining!

Jelly is a messy business, and I'm a messy cook, so imagine the state of my kit hen post-jelly...

What are your plans for today?

Comment

Yep - with a little water in the bottom of the pan.

We'll probably take Jasmine to the Eerste River for a walk - she's dead scared of the pool, but loves it there. There's a beautiful spot between Coetzenburg and the Kolonies (old residential part of Stellies).

Other than that, I haven't decided. I have some lovely oxtail, which I might cook for dinner, seeing as I have lots of time.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ok, you then do the oxtail, I'l bring the quinces over. Walk sounds lovely!

Don't you think we'd better wake up the others? Don't want them to be late for work while we sit here and skive. Elsie can sleep in - she's also skiving today.

Some more coffee for you? I'm off to make a fresh pot.

Comment

Yep - better start making a racket.

Another cup would be lovely, thanks very much.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army, this is your wake-up racket!!!! Rise and shine, rise and shine. Help Tips out - he's is getting tired of my chatter.

Comment

Do you think this will do?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=akT0wxv9ON8
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1640083 wrote: Army, this is your wake-up racket!!!! Rise and shine, rise and shine. Help Tips out - he's is getting tired of my chatter.
                          :H:H:H
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I work with a person who is just about as annoying as the Annoying Orange. I dread getting caught in conversation with her - she keeps repeating everything over and over, using only slightly different words.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1640084 wrote: Do you think this will do?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=akT0wxv9ON8
                              Somebody is going to hate you for this. Earworm de luxe!

Comment

Working...
                              X