Clear All

Army thread Monday 24 March

anon;1641239 wrote: and me!
    Of course Ms A - goes without saying :l

Comment

:woot::woot::woot: Satzuma!

:hallo: Army.

Urgent search on for new tumble dryer. Ours packed up, and winter is upon us. The housekeeper saw fit to do 2 loads of washing, leaving us to remove the wet mess from the washing line. Mrs. T took e basket of wet clothes and linen to a friend's house to get it dried.

Do the machines with sensors really work? We were loathe to actually replace the old one because mum uses it constantly, even in summer. Grrrrrrrrrr... I was thinking a sensor that switches the dryer off when the clothes are dry would be better than mum speculating on how long the things have to stay in. And the ones with condensers? Better than regular vented?

Answers on the proverbial postcard, please.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:waving: Army

Just out of the kit hen - what a job it was! Roxy, Satzy, Sugarbabe will have to share - congrats all three of you!

14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1641247 wrote: :woot::woot::woot: Satzuma!

:hallo: Army.

Urgent search on for new tumble dryer. Ours packed up, and winter is upon us. The housekeeper saw fit to do 2 loads of washing, leaving us to remove the wet mess from the washing line. Mrs. T took e basket of wet clothes and linen to a friend's house to get it dried.

Do the machines with sensors really work? We were loathe to actually replace the old one because mum uses it constantly, even in summer. Grrrrrrrrrr... I was thinking a sensor that switches the dryer off when the clothes are dry would be better than mum speculating on how long the things have to stay in. And the ones with condensers? Better than regular vented?

Answers on the proverbial postcard, please.
          Tipps - I rarely use my tumble dryer & we have shite weather. Winter & Summer rain
          I find the dryer very hard on my clothes and many shrinkage events have occurred in our house.
          You need to get used to anticipating the weather ? Your Mam is at home - teach her to read the weather and hang out clothes on fine days:thumbs:.

Comment

I've eaten too much fibre/carbs. I'm bloated.

Ate beans on toast with scrapes of cheese. Couldn't finish it but could manage flapjack.

Bleugh.

Highlife living!

ETA. Dream, that cake! Diabetes on a plate!

Comment

roxane;1641268 wrote: I've eaten too much fibre/carbs. I'm bloated.

Ate beans on toast with scrapes of cheese. Couldn't finish it but could manage flapjack.

Bleugh.

Highlife living!
              Party on Roxy :alf:

Comment

I look like I'm pregnant satz...... Runs fast away..

Comment

Ahhhhhhh Satz.............all the way from typing on a phone...............to getting her own lappy....................to 9 months alcohol free and all growed up.

Proud of you, me lovely. :l
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all :wavin:

Big :woot: for our Satz on 9months

Rox- I get terrible bloating also- unbearably sore at times too- often look like I'm preggers by end of a day- and it aint 'time of month' thing either. This is why GP started me on some IBS meds.

MrT- cant advise on tumble dryer either! It's a clothes horse all the way here- clothes are dry in no time and in good weather I can stick it outside. Want a proper grown-up washing line tho!

Dreamy can rest of us have a slice of that cake too pls??

Howaya Jacks and anybody else about :hiya:

Home from work, uniforms in da washing machine, pjs on and dinner in the oven

Comment

YUMMMMMMMMMM!

Comment

Yo there Sweetypee and No Sugar of the 14 months AF fame.............well done you NS.

Our drier broke down about 2 Christmases ago and we just stick it on the clothes horses (we're a multi clothes horse family) or outside when it's windy...............fat lot of good there Tips.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Clothes horse and radiators. Fresh clothes smell and humidifier to combat central heating.

Comment

Thanks, JC. 14 isn't a very celabratory sort of number but I realized it was the day when I saw that Satz was delivering...:H

I also like hanging things up to dry. We have a dryer but only our guests use it. Things like underwear and sox sure last longer!!

Comment

NoSugar;1641293 wrote: Thanks, JC. 14 isn't a very celabratory sort of number but I realized it was the day when I saw that Satz was delivering...:H

I also like hanging things up to dry. We have a dryer but only our guests use it. Things like underwear and sox sure last longer!!
                              Hey NoSugar- every day free is a celebratory day in my book, especially if it means Dreamy is gonna make cakes like that one

Love the smell of fresh, clean clothes me, right up there with freshly mown grass, coffee and home baked bread.

Iz fed n watered now, time for leaba soon methinks

Comment

What is "leaba"??? Do we really speak the same language???

Comment

Working...
                                X