Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Saturday 29 March

Happy bday PeaPod :l

:hallo: Army. Barely a signal here. Arrived safely. See you laters if I can get a 3G sig al on the lappie.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Have a lovely time, Tips - we'll do our best to soldier on without you and Molly!
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Just having 5 minutes with a coffee after the shops............waving to Tipps.

Lovely to see all these young men..........you know the kind..........baseball hats and jeans round their knees with their under dogs showing.................clutching bouquets of flowers and boxes of chocolates for their dear auld Mas.

lifechange;1642983 wrote: That cake looks to die for, JC! But you've scared me-- is tomorrow Mother's Day??

Hi NS!!
        Don't panic.............it is but only in the UK and Ireland.

I'm only making a smaller version of the cake, NS. Think most of us have scales for weighing ingredients.............and I've hidden the bathroom scales under the bed.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1643007 wrote: Just having 5 minutes with a coffee after the shops............waving to Tipps.

Lovely to see all these young men..........you know the kind..........baseball hats and jeans round their knees with their under dogs showing.................clutching bouquets of flowers and boxes of chocolates for their dear auld Mas.

Don't panic.............it is but only in the UK and Ireland.

I'm only making a smaller version of the cake, NS. Think most of us have scales for weighing ingredients.............and I've hidden the bathroom scales under the bed.
          Back from the shops ...
          Yeah LOVE seeing those guys in the shops !!!! So cute :l
          I don't bake any more - except small health bread and don't need scales for that.
          I gave up baking for Mr S - he just eats it all in one go and I can't have any.
          My mother makes small apple pies for him now -he will eat the whole thing in an evening - so we are all happy !
          My bathroom scales is in the freezer - so I don't have to look at it :H:H

Comment

Off now to pick up mother & have something to eat.
            Can't be doing with tomorrow - Mother's Day- nightmare in food places ....

Later gaters

Comment

Weeded garden, dog long walked, lidls for garden chairs and parasol.

And relax.

Comment

so roxy, was dreamy just making fun when she said you were imitating ee cummings?
                i can't tell if you're a writer or not-- but i think you have a talent for it and not just because of writing in lower case!! i think you're very poetic..

How was dinner with your mum, Satz? I am always so envious of those who have their mothers so near by. I know it can be difficult at times-- and maybe all the time for others. But I hate to only see mine every 2 years- my choice.. long ago..

BF rented a violent film for tonight-- The Counselor-- has anyone seen it? What did you thinki?

Comment

Elsie, I didn't get along with my mother, she died 9 years ago. She was a wonderful Granny and my kids adored her so we sort of rubbed along because of them.

Nope not seen the movie...............but I do like a nice blood thirsty one...........don't like chic flicks at all................we're watching the Great Escape............again.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Elsie thanks for the compliment re writing. I just run with it without thinking how it reads.

My mother is the other side of the world. Her choice. She is now isolated.

Comment

Back.
                      Not the best day ever really - Mr S insisted on coming along & then dictates the whole evening.
                      Mother wasn't even hungry ......
                      An he had to tear back for the rugby - mother just dumped home & me dumped here .
                      I was made pay .... FFS the day cost me ?120
                      ?60 for pots he thought I should buy for mother's garden & ?60 odd for the meal 'cos of couse she's MY mother. His idea to go out to the pub for food !
                      :gramps:
                      Next time I will cook for her I at home !

Comment

Satz that's awful!

I don't pretend to know what was organised, I missed that but it was obviously not good.

Comment

Sounds bloody awful Satz. Got MIL a bewdiful plant for ?6 from Tesco.............was looking at all the big bouquets but this was is just gorgeous.

A Calla lily

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:waving:

Guests have just left - two late nights in a row - no fun no more. And the food even got compliments. My friends are nothing if not polite.

Beautiful arums, JC. They're native to SA, did you know? The Afr name translated is pig's ear.

You're up one hour earlier tomorrow - will somebody please be nice and make coffee? Just a drop or two of milk for me, please, no sugar.

Sweet dreams!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                            X