Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Monday 31 March

Good morning Army!

Oh, JC, so sorry about you Granny. You've lost a very special person in your life. My thoughts are with you and your family.:l

Grey foggy misty overcast cloudy here today - no sunshine. Must be Monday.

Have a lovely day, Army!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

JC, my thoughts are with you and your family :l:l:l

Good morning Dreamy and all to come. I'll send some rays your way, Dreamy.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Saffas:l and all to come
      Mr A just making me a cuppa and bringing it to bed.
      So so sorry to hear about your Granny J.C. She sounded like a real character. I suppose there is loads of organising to do now.

Comment

Jackie what can I say:l:l - so really sad to hear that news about your Granny.
        What a great lady and a life to be celebrated.

Comment

Good Morning Army,

Jackie, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Granny. My thoughts are with you.:l

Comment

Good morning Dreamydooo, Tipperoooo, Our Whizzy, Satzuma, Elsie.

Knocked fecking sideways again. Probably had this belief that she would just go on for ever.

My Gran had a very deep faith and was positive she'd be re-united with her Jack (my Grandpa who died 1955 the year before I was born).........I'd like to think they're together now.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just got back on the net after 10 days on an island with no inyernet and trying to catch up.
              JC, saw your post on Undies so checked the army post.

How wonderful that your gran reached 100 and was healthy and happy and able to live independently. What a wonderful life.
              She is probably putting her feet up for a well deserved rest, having lovely reminiscences with Jack.

Take care my friend

Comment

JackieClaire;1643489 wrote: Good morning Dreamydooo, Tipperoooo, Our Whizzy, Satzuma, Elsie.

Knocked fecking sideways again. Probably had this belief that she would just go on for ever.

My Gran had a very deep faith and was positive she'd be re-united with her Jack (my Grandpa who died 1955 the year before I was born).........I'd like to think they're together now.
                Dear Jacks:l I'm so sorry about your Granny. Wish could give you a big hug for real. What an amazing lady she was. It's lovely to think of her and your Grandpa together again.

Comment

Forgot to say good morning to everybody else

Comment

Morning Sweetypie,

Just un-stuck the phone from my ear. My brother's going down there today and I'll go tomorrow..

According to my Aunt she was lucid until about half an hour before she died........mithering on that she didn't like the sheets or the oxygen mask................stubborn as a mule to the very end. Made me
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1643518 wrote: Morning Sweetypie,

Just un-stuck the phone from my ear. My brother's going down there today and I'll go tomorrow..

According to my Aunt she was lucid until about half an hour before she died........mithering on that she didn't like the sheets or the oxygen mask................stubborn as a mule to the very end. Made me
                      Ah Bless her xx For someone independent to the end I imagine that environment just wouldn't have been to her liking. So many of my own patients are the same. I love the spirit of that generation- they are amazing:h

Thinking of you all Jacks xx

Comment

Gawd if it gets any quieter here we'll have to go to a bi-annual thread.

So while I have a nice long nanna nap I expect full reportage on

What Piddlepants did for her birthday..............might have missed it but I bet the repeat will be just as good.

What movies did Dreamy watch at Movie night................bearing in mind I very rarely watch anything more cerebral than Die Hard & Toy Story films................so a quick synopsis will be gratefully received.

Tipperooo if your up a tree trying to get a signal............. what can you see.

Satz, got anything sorted for Saturday night.

Elsie.............how was you violent movie on Saturday.

Back after a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs................sorry about the snoring.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi, JC

I'm so sorry about your grandma :l. My paternal grandmother lived past 100 and was in charge of herself until about the last year and even then, she was pretty darn sharp. My hope for all of us is that we live to a nice old age with our wit's about us, clearly expressing our opinions on the way out the door, like your grandma did.

I watched a movie this weekend and absolutely loved it - Frozen. It should be a must-see for all kids (and adults!) - a Disney movie that portrays females as they should be.

Hope you've all had a good day. I guess I'd better get going on mine! NS

Comment

Some light reading matter for you, JC. Household and the neighbours might appreciate it too. Good Night ring found to reduce snoring in 85% of wearers | Mail Online

Movie on the night was Amadeus - glorious music! It's always a lucky dip type of thing, what we get to see, but a nice reason to get together. Also had a dead soldier to dispose of - that hasn't happened in absolutely ages!

Will we get live updates - text and visual - of Sat night? I feel like the girl selling matches , looking at the party from the outside.
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

JackieClaire;1643518 wrote:
                              Just checking in on Jackser :l
                              She passed over, maybe exactly as she would have planned, but not too shabby either ? No prolonged pain eh? and stuck in hospital ? We can all just pray for the same
                              No doubt about it but she is with her Jack - happy as two proverbial piglets !!!
                              NoSugar;1643580 wrote: Hi, JC

I watched a movie this weekend and absolutely loved it - Frozen. It should be a must-see for all kids (and adults!) - a Disney movie that portrays females as they should be.
                              NS - I'll have to adopt -a-kid to watch that - I LOVE those movies but can't warrant buying the DVD without kids there
                              Mr S would think I've gone senile -
                              he really is NOT in touch with his inner child :H

DreamThinkDo;1643582 wrote:
                              Some light reading matter for you, JC. Household and the neighbours might appreciate it too. Good Night ring found to reduce snoring in 85% of wearers | Mail Online

Movie on the night was Amadeus - glorious music! It's always a lucky dip type of thing, what we get to see, but a nice reason to get together. Also had a dead soldier to dispose of - that hasn't happened in absolutely ages!

Will we get live updates - text and visual - of Sat night? I feel like the girl selling matches , looking at the party from the outside.
                              What ??? Don't get that ! ( sound like Mollers now ! ):H

Comment

Working...
                              X