Please consider this, especially if depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider the possibility that you might be bipolar type 1/2(milder type). and I mean STRONGLY consider that possibility. I have always assumed that it was just the alcohol that was the problem, but actually there has been mental illness driving it all along.

I'm not sure what the evidence is, but things to watch for me were:
    -spending/gambling/sex/good life.
    -i.e. marked difference in mood when you drink, doing things you know are silly but just have to do them.
    I can't pad this out well but I urge you not to dismiss it, it's hugely significant for me, and is likely to be applicable to some of you. And actually, if it is the case and you're on here it's likely gone undiagnosed. And adding a drug like baclofen or anything like centrally acting could put you in a state of agitated depression (hypomanic dysphoria) which is extremely dangerous, and has a high mortality rate via suicide.
    I was near suicidal last weekend, no drugs just alcohol and stress. Wasn't a slow depression, it was a frantic depression. I had to get help and had to get it now.

Anyway, enough for now.

Your brother,

EOTL
    The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Thank heavens you are ok! Good golly! I battle depression and I seen the effects of bipolar on Some close to me. Be well.
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi EOTL.

Hope you feel better. With alcohol being a depressant, and me prone to bouts of depression at times, it is best if i do not drink. If i stay away from grog, and run/exercise, and do things i love, i'm good.

Best wishes friend,

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks mama bear

I typed a long reply but accidentally deleted it on phone, my message was

-baclofen + unpredictable mood = suicide
        It's so sad. I still feel so bad for Anna Sargent's family. Not that I know that that is the cause, but just I think people have to be careful.

Thanks again, and also thanks g- bloke, just seen your reply

Eotl
        The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Comment

Working...
        X