Army thread 1 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 1 April

White rabbits and don't believe everything you read in the papers - you may just become a fish of April :H!

And good morning Army!

Our rainy season starts unofficially over the Easter weekend, but it seems a cloud or two has jumped the gun.

JC :l:l:l:l in case you've run out, but I see Penguin and Sweetiepeapie were on duty last night.

Laters all
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Army thread 1 April

And can I add some :l:l:l:l:l s too?

Good morning Dreamy. Half sun and half drizzle here. The dishwasher has also just flooded the kit hen. Must go and investigate once most of the water has been mopped up. Hopefully it's just a blocked pipe or summat.

Have a lekker day, Army.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1 April

:waving Tips :waving:

Doesn't sound like too good a morning! Surely the estate agent/other person in charge should get involved? Hope the day improves from here on.

Something to make you smile: Avoid paying e-tolls by travelling at 113km/h - Times LIVE

Comment

Army thread 1 April

And how about this: Kulula passengers can now enjoy braai in the sky - Times LIVE

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Good morning Tips and Dreamy. Sun cracking the flags here this morning, So sorry about the rainy stuff in Africa.

Went to see 12th Night last evening at Liverpool Everyman BRILLIANT. Went for a great meal first and had the most gorgeous, delicious mocktail with lime,mint coriander etc. I wish I had the recipe. I swear if I had drunk this at 18 I would never have gone for AL:H
          Hope you are OK Jackie:l
          Will read back last nights thread when I get back from transporting/chauffeuring the kids

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Morning Anon! Was going to make a very lame joke about 12 Night being very late, but tust this is lame enough, methinks. I actually don't mind unseasonal rain - but wait for the winter rain complaints. Just a pity that Tips doesn't have good weather on his holiday. Have fun playing Granny's taxi!

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Lmao, Dreamy :H

Hiya Mrs. A. Sounds like you had a fab evening out.

Dishwasher issue sorted - the drain pipe had simply become dislodged, resulting in the waste water being pumped into the cupboard under the sink. The ever-efficient Mrs. T has dried everything out. We'll just let it air properly.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1 April

I don't mind the weather in the least, Dreamy. Even the cubs and co have enough to do. They refuse to play 30 seconds against Mrs. T and I. Very old edition, so we're thrashing them.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Tips, Boks to play Wales in red and gold; will now be known as the Rooibokke. Eyewitness News: 'Rooibokke' to tackle Wales One very disappointed supporter had this to say: My Personal opinion is that this is the worst decision SARU has ever made. Our Team has always played in Green and Gold since early days of the sport. I personally think it is a disgusting colour to play in and it definitely does not evoke " feelings of passion, strength, courage and power" in me. The feelings that it evokes is more in the line of Nausea, disgust, disappointment, etc...

Scotland to switch to driving on the right if independence given green light | Politics | The Guardian

April fools' jokes 2014 – the best on the web | Media | theguardian.com

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Good morning Dreamydoooo, Tipperooooo, Our Whizzy and all those yet to drop by

Didn't get my early night as about 10.20pm heard a key in the door and it was the luvverly Jenz and her BF..............bringing flowers. Just how fab is that?

Going down Durham way with my cousin today to start on the clearance of my Gran's wee bungalow...........it's rented so it has to be done pretty sharp. Going to be an emotional and interesting day.

What's 30 seconds
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 1 April

How sweet of them, JC. Busy couple of days ahead of you.

General knowledge board game (perhaps you shouldn't play against Mr and Mrs T!)

Comment

Army thread 1 April

They're still here.

It's only about 30 miles down the road so I'll be home this aftie. Today will prolly be all oooooooooh look at this and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhs do you remember this.

I'll be arranging with one of our local charities to take her furniture and the clothes will go to the local Women's refuge...........that sounds awfully efficient but needs must I suppose.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 1 April

JC,

We had to clean my FIL's condo the day after he passed. I was in charge of packing up his clothes and taking them to the distribution center. As I was about to drive off, my SIL came flying out the door - we had forgotten to save a suit for the burial !

I felt very close to him that day as I cleaned his dresser drawers - people reveal themselves by what they save. I hope you feel your grandma's spirit today. :l

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Good Late Morning, Army Friends,

Jacks:l I am so glad your daughter stopped over to visit you unexpectedly last night. I know today will be an emotional day for you as your pack up your gran's things:l You will be in my thoughts and in my step the rest of the day. I can only hope my dear Mum will love as long as your gran.

Today might be cathartic in a good way for you, too....lots of memories and maybe some tears, but sooo much better than drowning them in booze. I know when my dad passed away and we were cleaning out the house, it felt good to see some of his treasures.....and then a sad day suddenly became a peaceful one. Hope it's the same for you.:l

Molly:h Welcome back!!! I missed you! How was Portugal?

Big waves of hellos to Dreamy, Satzy, NS, Mr. Tips, Sweetipea, Spidey, Anon, Rox, Fire and anyone I've missed, hope you're having a lovely day in the Army!

Comment

Army thread 1 April

Hey Army - up to my oxters in work today - stop laughing - REALLY !!!
                              Welcome back Molls :land please can you decide on our din din place for Saturday ?
                              Me & JC are crap and CAN'T decide :upset:

Elephant & Castle we can't book - not sure that would work unless we went early..
                              There is the other place Whitefier Grill or Damson Diner I suggested but not sure what is the criteria .... WE NEED YOU !!!!

off home now
                              Later ........................... zzzzzzooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !"""""

Comment

Working...
                              X