Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - April 2014

Good morning!

The sun is shining, I'm having my coffee in bed, and wanted to check in with my old friends, whom I deserted. I do hope you'll forgive me.

Today's a new day, and I have a fresh start. I'm going to get out of my apartment, and go to an auction. I need some bookcases, saw some at the auction preview, and hope to come home with them. I need to get the remainder of my books out our house. I miss my books.

I'll be occupied while at the auction, and will surf the AL waves that come. I don't need to celebrate a purchase, either. Right?

I haven't read back, so I don't know what's going on, but will catch up with you guys eventually.

A special thanks to Zennie who listened to me last night, and to Glass, who's been a good friend.

Have a great Saturday, Loves,
    J xoxo
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja
      Welcome back and please talk to us. We get it and we are here for you. I am sorry for all the stress you are going through . Hugs!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Juja - so very happy to see you here.:h:h I am so glad that you have been talking to Glass. You both are such special women.
        I am sorry for what you have been going thru. Please stick here with us. Let us help. :h
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning Nora!!
          Off to get my hair did in a few and do some errands....
          Excited!! I have not paid someone to do my hair in years!!
          We may not eat next week, but I'll be purty!!:H

ps....Axl the kitten is a total spaz......she is running all over, chasing dust mites, attacking Lucky cat......just dumped over an 8 foot silk tree....good lord!

Comment

Good morning JuJa just saw your post this morning.

So glad you are back and with us here in the Steppers :l you sound good this morning- I read some strange john Wayne quote yesterday about your life beginning at Midnight...all fresh and new and just waiting for you to step into it- I wish I could remember it!!! Menopause I'm afraid

Check in later, sweetie. We are all in this together
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle - is this the one?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.

John Wayne
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning!

Juja... You're sounding better today... it's good that you're getting out and about... I hope you get the bookcases. :l Like I said in PM last night, you have every reason to be feeling the way you do... you've been through a lot. Problems seem easier when you talk about them and I hope you'll stick around. X

Hiya Nora and Kradle! What are you two up to today? How was the Horse Camp yesterday Kradle?

Mama... take a selfie and text it to me... I want to see your new DO!

The place we went last night was Vegan and the food looked awesome... the price was right too. I'm looking forward to going back when I HAVEN'T eaten already! It was a chick meet... 4 of us... one was the belly dancer. She was really good.

I'm going to take myself off to the gym in a few and if the weather holds up I think I'll get a bit of sun this afternoon. I'm as white as a bottle of milk. But first I'm gonna slob with Netflix and more coffee.

Comment

Yes Nora that's it exactly!! :goodjob:

Did I read that on here?? I bet I did and then forgot...
                  I swear the way I think I will completely stop drinking is that I'll wake up one morning and simply forget that I drink...or ever drank...or ever would drink...or maybe forget that anyone drinks ...or that there is AL anywhere in the world!!!

Perhaps menopause has its advantages. :H

Horse Camp was interesting, Zenny. not nearly as interesting as your evening though. You sound like you have great friends all around you down there in Sunny Florida. That is a huge win! :l

When can we see Mama's new Do?? Don't forget to share that text!!!!!

Off to chant and then pick up the girls.
                  Happy Saturday:h
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Sitting under hair dryer checking in. I love that quote and will write it down to refer to.❤️
                    Making hair darker, adding highlights and cutting!!!!

Comment

That's a lovely quote - I haven't heard it before.

I just worked out I've had 19286 yesterdays and sometimes I despair that I haven't learned anything from any of them.

Juja - it's so lovely to see you back here hunni.
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hiya Glassy! You're about my age...

I can't wait to see your Fro Mama...

That's feckin funny about forgetting about drinking Kradle... but, unfortunately, I hear you. My brain feels like a sponge some days... I'm hoping the whore moans will help.

I am guilty of being a complete and utter slob. I'm now on Season 5 of Breaking Bad! What gym? :wow:

Comment

Zenstyle;1645317 wrote: Hiya Glassy! You're about my age...
                          :
                          And a damn fine age it is, to be sure

Edit: Oh bugger I just swore. And there it goes again. Now I'll have to change my signature.
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1645322 wrote: And a damn fine age it is, to be sure

Edit: Oh bugger I just swore. And there it goes again. Now I'll have to change my signature.
                            :H:H:H

It couldn't last, could it? Best to be realistic about things! Tee hee...

Comment

You all make me laugh & I love it.

Just about to get started on Breaking Bad.

It was a great quote, Kradle. I searched on the internet - John Wayne and midnight. :H

Juja - I hope that you got the shelves. I am so dependent on my Kindle now because I can make the font bigger. I have an eye phobia but I'm wondering if I'm going to end up having to have cataract surgery or laser surgery. I can't be without my books.

Mama - can't wait to see your new doo!

So - hubby has GREATLY hinted to me to send an e-mail to his sister explaining his medical problems. And, the fact that he needs to come home to have the endoscopy & colonoscopy done. I am beyond frustrated with the whole thing. I can't believe that she can't see how bad he looks and isn't concerned. But, I will try to come up with something.

Then - sonny is seeing someone and won't tell me a thing about her. I finally asked him today: Are you seeing a man? (I was sure that he would know that I would understand). He said no. I asked - Are you seeing an Older Woman. (he laughed and said no). I said then who are you seeing. HE WON'T TELL ME. He says 'Don't worry about it' and then laughs. SHITHEAD son!!!!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I just got a text from a HAWT BABE! She asked me to share with the group. Looking good Mama, ya sexy thang! :happy::bigwink:ointup:

Comment

Working...
                                X