One Step at a Time - April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fennel;1654790 wrote: Good lord, Zenmeister...is your friend a cheap-skate?

They were probably on the roof because of the scrawny dude and his ball grabber.
    :H:H:H LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dottie Belle;1654802 wrote: I agree Nora I will not overdo it and regress back to my sick bed. But I am finally feeling better.
      So glad that you are finally feeling improvement. :l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

fennel;1654790 wrote: It's a top notch spot for them- predator free (except for skinny guy and grabber tool)
        I'm gettin fucking hiccups!!! :H:H:H

Comment

Zenstyle;1654808 wrote: I'm gettin fucking hiccups!!! :H:H:H
          :H:H:H

Comment

NoraC;1654789 wrote:
            Mama - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR A++++++++++++++++++++++. I'm really sorry about the hassle with Bri but it is time to cut the losses.
            I agree with Nora. You need o keep your team intact and she's a loose cannon. And I am sure your company will deal with her kindly... just like you've done. :l

Comment

fennel;1654809 wrote: :H:H:H
              And there I go again!!! :H:H:H

Comment

fennel;1654790 wrote:
                Tell him your pal fennel has vast experience in this area. I threw a box of mothballs beneath my tool shed to make the wood chucks move out. Not only did they NOT move out, my tool shed reeks to this day...and they redoubled their efforts at dining on the wiring of my fennel-mobile! I had to trap the entire family and relocate them to far off environs.
                :H:H:H Oh God, does it never end! I am in STITCHES!!!

Comment

NoraC;1654798 wrote: I'm leaving on Friday for 2 weeks. I can't wait to be with my Mom. My niece flew up yesterday to stay with my Mom until I get there.

Hubby's sister contacted me today. She has some plans in May & June - wanted to get a feel for how hubby is. It is so very hard. I know that he feels awful! I can see it - but, it is his Dad. So, what should he do. Honestly, he is not physically able to do this. But, it just makes me feel guilty about everything. :upset:

Long story that I don't know how to condense very well. I used to work at the sister company. 25 years ago, I was very close to that brother's daughter (my current bosses niece). Lost contact (long story) but she has been back & working with me for the past 2 years. She's close to my age. We get along great. I was in her wedding for Pete's sake. Anyway, she is in the midst of a divorce, has 4 children (only one is under 18). But, she has connected with an old friend from high school and they have been dating. I think that he & hubby would have some stuff in common (photography, music, etc). So, I said something to hubby today about having a double date. He gave me THE look. But, dang it - I want to get out. So, I'm dropping it for now. But, after I get home, I might start doing more with them. She & I are going to a James Taylor concert. Anyway ,just ranting.
                  Awwhhh Nora... that is hard. :l I wish I had advice hon...

Comment

Dottie Belle;1654802 wrote: I agree Nora I will not overdo it and regress back to my sick bed. But I am finally feeling better.
                    That's good news...

Comment

Zen, I SO wish I could come down and assist your portly friend in his vermin removal! :H

Dottie, I am glad you are easing back into your routine. Don't over-do.

Comment

Jeeze Fen... I had a good laugh at that. You totally *got* the funny side of it. I had no idea you'd had critter experience of that magnitude!!! :H

Comment

Nora, I think you need to say something to sister-in-law. I know FIL is in need, but so is your hubs.

There has to be an equivalent in their area for what I do...senior home care. I am going to email you some details. They can find carers from a few hours a day to 24/7. :h

You and hubs need a break. It's too hard on families to do all the care.

Comment

I just went back and properly read your post Nora... I was being a silly bugger there. I agree with Fen Nora... it seems that if your hubbs is struggling with his own health then that's going to have to be dealt with first. I think if you can get outside care then that would be a blessing for your whole family.

Comment

Zenstyle;1654817 wrote: Jeeze Fen... I had a good laugh at that. You totally *got* the funny side of it. I had no idea you'd had critter experience of that magnitude!!! :H
                              Zen, here in town, I've had bat exclusion and waited out a chimney swift infestation before installing a chimney cap.

In the country, where my cabin is? No holds barred.

When Mrs. Fen and I purchased the cabin, it had a rather unique (foul) aroma...I ripped out the drywall to discover mouse and skwerl nests in the walls! I removed the insulation, drywall...painted the remaining structure with "Killz" primer, which removes unpleasant stains and aromas.

Our dear friend replaced the drywall (I inserted new insulation), and I primed and painted the new walls. The cabin has remained inviolate ever since. I painted a lovely mural of fruit trees in the bed room. It is a fairly swanky cabin for the area.

I really hope that you will inform your mate of all he has to do to rid his manse of vermin.

Comment

Oh, and while I had a bat exclusion...I LOVE bats, and am a member of BCI, or Bat Conservation International. They were flying about in my home and distressing the felines, so they had to be excluded.

I have a bat house at the cabin, and the population there is pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X