One Step at a Time - April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont even recognize the color growing out...I am a light redhead. Similar to my younger days but started going gray at 30 just like my daddy. So I have it colored. I will give up a lot but not that. I have the complexion for a redhead and I don't thing I would look good gray..hope I don't have to find out any time soon.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

My hair history! LMAO!... I had really white hair till I was 5 or 6 and then it started getting blonde then darker and by the time I was in my late teens I was brown with red highlights. I highlighted my hair to blond for years then but gave up on it in my early 30s... but by that time I had started with a grey stripe down the middle of my head... so I went to dying it insteaf of highlighting. :nutso: I wish grey/white/whatev was fashionable! Even then I couldn't do it as it's just one stripe down the middle.

Comment

You know... I had a bad car accident at 27 and I wonder if that's when my skunk stripe appeared? Fright? Whateverrrr.... I now have it to deal with and the young gay badass hair stylists made it a bit too funky I think. I'm going to give it a good wash tomorrow... red comes out if you use a stripping shampoo. Great that... pay for it then strip it...

Dotts... my mum is (was) a redhead too and we both have that same complexion you're talking about. I can take a tan though, unlike her, but I don't go in the sun too much.

Comment

No tan just burn and a few freckles then back to white....and I wear shorts and just don't care any more.
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I'm white as a milk bottle tho I could actually be tan if I wanted to. But the sun wreaks HAVOC on the skin dahlinks!

How are you and hubbs now Dottie? I bet you'll wake up much better in the morning.

Nora... is Scott chatting? :H I laughed when I read that post you made...

Comment

Dottie Belle;1653576 wrote: No tan just burn and a few freckles then back to white....and I wear shorts and just don't care any more.
              YES!!!!! :goodjob: I sunburn and used to have the freckles.

I tried a self tanning thing last year. HA! Luckily, I tried it on my legs and it wasn't quite warm enough for shorts. Would have been a beautiful shade if it was all over & not in streaks. LMAO :H:H
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I use the L'Oreal self tanner and it works really good. It has a lot of sparkles when you put it on which is an added bonus. And if you don't totally scrub yourself in the shower, or have a bath, it lasts a couple of days...

Comment

Zen hubs is feeling much better...I am still coughing but not as bad so we are on the mend. Plan to lay low this weekend. I don't want to lose another week to this.
                  Nora I tried a self tan and turned orange. Didn't do that again.....
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

OMG, that reminds me. Feck. I put a self tanner on once when I was absolutely hammered. Talk about STREAKS! :wow: I used a Scotchbrite on myself the next day and still couldn't scrub that shit off!

Comment

That's good Dottie. It's a bad mofo of a bug.

Comment

Scotchbrite...ouch that hurts...
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie Belle;1653592 wrote: Scotchbrite...ouch that hurts...
                          It hurt almost as bad as the hangover I had when I was scrubbing!

What a mess!!!

Comment

Oh the things we did....glad those days are over...
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I did much worse than that! Gawd...

Some of my "stories" are funny because there was a bit of youthful exuberance mixed in with them, but most of it was just f*cked up stupid sh*t. :upset:

Anyway, I figure sober people can act pretty dumb too... so no point in flogging a dead horse at this point.

Comment

Yep I agree and I try not to dwell on all the stupid things I did...way too many to count. And many i would like to forget....at least now if I do something stupid no one will have to explain it to me later.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X