One Step at a Time - April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dottie, this is the same gadget I use...so, I guess it's good for doggies, too!

Removing Ticks From Dogs | Dog Tick Remover | Dog Tick Removal | Dogs & Tick Disease |Tick Twister | www.keepdoggiesafe.com

Comment

NoraC;1654346 wrote: Oh Fen - OUCH!! Do you have to inspect yourself every time you come in or do you feel it when they attack you?
      I hope you got your apple tree all protected.
      I have never felt a tick when they embed themselves in me. And yes, I have to inspect myself each time I come in from the great outdoors.

The trees are safe, thank God.

Comment

To clarify, I don't feel when the critters bite...but when they are removed, it smarts a lot, and leaves a huge welt. Little nuisances!

Comment

What a clever little gadget. This we will need to order one. We have woods behind our house. Never know what they will get into..
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning lovies.
            I was crazy busy all weekend. Yesterday was grocery shopping and Clays Senior pictures and Nanas for dinner.
            I have to pick my boss up at the airport at 8:15 this morning. I been awake since 4 hoping all my lists were completed this weekend. I may drive through on my way to the airport.
            AND.... We are having a bake sale today to raise money for a local charity so I baked cookies and have to set that all up.
            Clays pictures are awesome. After the insanity passes, I'll try to get some posted.
            Sounds like everyone had a great weekend despite ticks and sickness. I just pull the ticks off my kittie...
            I'll try to post later today❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, what kind of cookies did you make?

The "twister" gadget is better than just pulling ticks off, as some of the mouth parts can remain stuck in the skin. It's fun to watch those critters spin while you twist the thing. :H God, I'm easily amused.

Raining, cold and blustery here. I don't want to leave the house!

Comment

Storms here this morning. We are going to attempt the gym. I need to get out for a while. Really need to go to the grocery. We have eaten ourselves out of house and home..
                Back later.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good afternoon folksies.

Nora... that is one burnt ladle! :upset: How long are you going to your mum's for?

Fenny... I bought one of those tick twisters for my mother's cat last year. It worked really well. I'm scared shitless of Lyme's disease (an old member of MWO contracted it from a tick)... that and brown recluse spiders... they do my head in too. Be careful won't you Fen.

Did you go to the gym Dottie?

:wavin: Hi to everyone else!

I've been listening to some podcasts on GMO food today... Dottie sent me the link for them. There's one more on now, then I'm off to the gym. Cheryl has a guest in town and I'm going over there for a visit later on. Other than that, housework and paperwork... yuck.

I have the tree trimmers here... fingers crossed I'll get away without any damage...

Comment

Did get to the gym. Trainer fellow just had us do some stretching. Dont thing we could have done much more.
                    Then we went to the grocery to get some stapels. Hopefully Costco tomorrow.
                    I will listen to the replay on the GMO stuff later. It is very interesting....things I didnt know.
                    Eating a salad and then chilling out....
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

A friend of mine has racoons in his attic and someone told him to throw boxes of mothballs up there, which he did Saturday without researching it. Now his house is full of toxic fumes from the mothballs. He has a headache and nausea from the fumes and can't think straight so I Googled for him. This has happened to loads of people, and most of them end up moving out of their house for a month or so till it dissipates. He's going to have to get the balls out, and put fans and a drawing agent (like charcoal or baking soda) up there. And pray.

I so wanted to say "Mothballs? Darn, them are some big moths you have" but I managed to curb my tongue! :H

The podcasts are very interesting Dotts. I wonder how long the replays will be left up for?

Comment

I got A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ for my inspection and lots of hugs and thumbs up
                        and I am F**KING exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        But it went well and I am proud of my team.....
                        my boss and I had a long talk about Bri and her demise is eminent....

Comment

Zen not sure how long they will be up but I am going to try to listen tonight.
                          Brought both cars in the garage. They are predicting bad storms tonight. Hope they are wrong!!
                          Congrats mama on the inspection...we wouldn't have expected anything less!!
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

thx Dots!!
                            funny about moth balls Zenny!!
                            I may be back to my more talkative self tomorrow...just been so busy!

Comment

Zenstyle;1654686 wrote: A friend of mine has racoons in his attic and someone told him to throw boxes of mothballs up there, which he did Saturday without researching it. Now his house is full of toxic fumes from the mothballs. He has a headache and nausea from the fumes and can't think straight so I Googled for him. This has happened to loads of people, and most of them end up moving out of their house for a month or so till it dissipates. He's going to have to get the balls out, and put fans and a drawing agent (like charcoal or baking soda) up there. And pray.

I so wanted to say "Mothballs? Darn, them are some big moths you have" but I managed to curb my tongue! :H

The podcasts are very interesting Dotts. I wonder how long the replays will be left up for?
                              Yikes! I hope he gets them cleared out okay.

He's going to have to hire a pest guy to come and take care of those raccoons. They need to be trapped, and then the hole where they're getting in needs to be closed up. Otherwise, other vermin will continue to move on in.

Comment

mama bear;1654697 wrote: I got A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ for my inspection and lots of hugs and thumbs up
                                and I am F**KING exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                But it went well and I am proud of my team.....
                                my boss and I had a long talk about Bri and her demise is eminent....
                                WOOHOO MAMA!!!!

That's awesome news on all counts. :h

Well, not on your being exhausted...but otherwise, yay!

Comment

Working...
                                X