Heart Palputaions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Palputaions

Just lately if I drink I start getting heart palputaions, does anybody else get this?
    Could it be a sign for something ?
    Its easier not to start than stop

Heart Palputaions

Got them all the time - when the alcohol was leaving my system.... usually about 4 in the morning.
    - even ended up in clinic & wearing a heart monitor for 2 days.
    Not a thing wrong with my heart.

Once i quit - they quit !!!

Comment

Heart Palputaions

Used to get them all the time until I got my hormones balanced out.
      Palpitations can be caused by a lot of things. Get checked out to be safe
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heart Palputaions

I get them when I drink too much wine. I think it is the sugar. It is really bothersome.
        It was worse a couple of years ago when I was going through some hormone changes.
        It isn't so bad anymore. I would talk to your doctor just to be sure.
        R4L
        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Heart Palputaions

I ended up in hospital couple of years back from atrial flutter/Atrial Fibrillation not sure if it was one or both but had to have intravenous meds to flip my heart back to normal(Kind of scary). I have pretty much always had on and off/infrequent irregular heart beats. But a night of espresso & Tequila ended me up in the ER as I mentioned. Not to get too into my story but I have to take BP meds if I drink for the fluttering. No drinking and my BP is normal w/a very occasional flutter. Here is short excerpt and link hope it helps:

Substances that may contribute to atrial flutter include the following:
          Alcohol (wine, beer, or hard liquor)
          Stimulants such as cocaine, amphetamines, diet pills, cold medicines, and even caffeine.

Atrial flutter is closely related to another arrhythmia called atrial fibrillation. Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation sometimes occur together.
          Atrial Flutter Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - Atrial Flutter Causes - eMedicineHealth

Comment

Heart Palputaions

My heart was fluttering a lot when I was drinking daily up until recently. I am going through the change too so I think it was a combination of the wine and the menopause. It's a lot better now. Hope yours goes away with your abstinence..
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Heart Palputaions

If you are here you are /have been drinking alcohol -and it's more than likely the alcohol that is causing it.
              Yes - and I forgot about the menopause -throw this in the mix and it's horrible.
              And then again I often think we possibly use the menopause as an excuse too.
              All I know is when I quit wine the palpitations stopped.

Are there men out there with this problem ??? Then we'll know for sure :thumbs:

Comment

Heart Palputaions

Well I always drank and its only just started happening. I joined a gym so blamed so I stopped going and it did get a bit better. However thinking about it it does get worse when I drink wine
                Its easier not to start than stop

Comment

Heart Palputaions

Most definitely comes with drinking. I used to blame "no sleep." I have quit my high blood pressure medication since I quit drinking. I still get fluttering if I drink too much caffeine over several days. :bonkers:

Comment

Working...
                  X