Army Thread Tuesday 8th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Good News about chocolate at last !

Dark choc, (esp + 80% black & greenes, is full of antioxidants?..
    Cacao: An amazing superfood bursting with antioxidants ?
    Antioxidant-rich - Cacao is the most antioxidant-rich food in the world.
    To put these numbers in perspective, goji berries (the highest non-cacao source of antioxidants) score 25,300, acai berries score 18,500, and blueberries - famous for their antioxidant content - score 2,400

Many of the antioxidants present in cacao are flavonoids, including anthocyanidin. Like all antioxidants, these flavonoids are intimately involved in the prevention of free radical damage, but they also have a central role in boosting collagen protection. This means that antioxidant-rich foods like cacao are not only good at guarding us from cancer and other degenerative diseases, but also provide us with many anti-aging benefits.
    Mood booster - Chocolate, in both its processed and natural form, has always been regarded as a mood booster. Whereas processed chocolate is more of a 'comfort food' due to its unhealthy refined sugar content, real chocolate - sourced from organic cacao - actually promotes the release of neurotransmitters such as endorphins and serotonin, which are legitimate feel-good hormones. Cacao also contains natural mood-boosting compounds such as theobromine and phenylethyamine, making it a good food for people suffering from low vibrational states such as anxiety, sadness and depression.

Improves cardiovascular health - According to the Linus Pauling Institute, the flavonoids in cacao can block the oxidation of 'bad' LDL cholesterol. Since LDL cholesterol must oxidize before it can transform into plaque, this blocking process directly protects us from several serious cardiovascular conditions, including atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Ultimately, this improves circulation and minimizes the risk of heart disease.
    Consumption advice
    Cacao is best consumed raw in powdered or nib form. The powder is frequently added to smoothies (it mixes well with other superfoods like maca powder), or simply drunk with hot water. Due to cacao's sourness, however, you might want to sweeten it with a healthy sugar substitute like xylitol if you plan to drink it straight. Like most energizers, cacao is best consumed in the morning or at least not before bedtime.

Comment

Hiya Army Bunch!! Had a laugh reading back over yesterdays posts-- damn you were a chatty crew. Not surprised no one got anything else done!:H
      Am much better today--thanks for all the support and film recommendations. I have a list now...
      Rusty, was so nice to see so much of you! Just so you know I am also one of those odd Americans. Took me a while to figure out what bin lids are-- thought someone was making jokes about your pink eye--

Satz, great news about the cacao, isn't it? I make little chocolates by melting a bit of coconut oil, a touch of honey and then stirring in cacao-- pouring it in praline papers over roasted nuts, cranberries then pop them in the freezer. Delicious.. I'm going to try it in smoothies. Do you use maca powder?

Molly, thinking of you on this day 1 and you too, JC, as you finish up at your Granny's house.:l
      Dreamy, you're a hoot and a holler today, girl! Love it..

Hi Pinky! Hi Roxy!! Was great to see you so much yesterday-- :h. Hi Tipps! Hi Sweetpea! Hi everyone stopping by today!!!

Comment

Afternoon Army :wavin:

Back in front the great outdoors for some lunch then a scrub before heading for me massage- can't wait!!

Elsie- glad to hear yer feeling much better xx Like the sound of those chocs you make- simply love choc and nuts:h

Good to see ye Pinky and Rusty again too

Wish I were going to Greece- never been but believe it's beautiful.

Comment

:waving:

Oh dear, I see :stomper: is :stomper: at me. I'm afraid, I'm very afraid :H As long as you (and Pinks) send me as postcard from Greece you're forgiven. And a doggie bag or two.

Rusty, have you considered eye condoms? How long before the infection clears up?

Elsie, those cacao jobbies sound delicious - something to try for Christmas. You sound a lot better - are you?

Just back from a meeting - sort of WI without Jerusalem or the nekkid calendars - great fun, actually.

Wonder how Molly is doing without her ciggies.

Roxy - you still hanging in there?:l

Real world's calling -later!
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

:stomper: Hi Army It's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

- anyone around ??

Comment

Yo, Satzy, I'm here....and I can stay here as long as you want. All of the day's required tasks are done.

What's up?:l

Comment

that'll be a no then ?

Maybe later gaters !
                I'm away homeward ........................ :racer:

Comment

Dreamy-Eye Condoms, now that would be tough. :H. I don't have any other condoms around here. I've been washing my hands like crazy...not kissing anybody (mum and niece got pinkeye, too) and I'm still on self-imposed quarantine. Me thinks I'll hang out here and see if Satz pops back in. If not, off to the grocery store.

Comment

Rusty;1646484 wrote: Yo, Satzy, I'm here....and I can stay here as long as you want. All of the day's required tasks are done.

What's up?:l
                    Sorry Rustylocks : Xpost

Off home - talk later maybe ?:l

Comment

Satz:l It's 4:42 PM in Ireland, and it's 10:42 AM here in Wisconsin. I'm going to work out and then run a few errands so probably will be back about 7:15 PM your time. By then a few others will be on here, too. You ok?

Comment

Rusty;1646489 wrote: Satz:l It's 4:42 PM in Ireland, and it's 10:42 AM here in Wisconsin. I'm going to work out and then run a few errands so probably will be back about 7:15 PM your time. By then a few others will be on here, too. You ok?
                        Ah you are so sweet :l
                        I'm fine apart from being still here in the office .....
                        Really going home now ! :happy:

Comment

Satz....good to hear. You probably just need to get home and relax, put your feet up, watch a little trash TV.

Comment

:waving: all

Molly - no-ciggy update? Are you still happy with life? So proud of you for this!

Satzy, you home yet?

Anybody interested in fish cakes? Just made a huge batch to freeze. Wanted to add some peas, for however many a day we're supposed to eat now, and discovered there was nothing in the freezer. Ah well.
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

:hallo: Army

Dead tired after a long day. At least dinner is almost ready.

Back laters if I don't fall asleep.
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

brilliant molly. isnt it a relief to get past the trigger times!

mmmm, fishcakes, what fishees are in them?

Comment

Working...
                                X