UNCHAINED... forgiving myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spiritwolf333;1646703 wrote: Every human being is doing the best that they can with what they have at any given point in time. If this is true, then who can be wrong?

Thanks for your post.
    A dear friend told me those same words about five years ago and when I heard them the first seeds of self-acceptance and forgiveness were planted. It's been a long road and I am not there yet but I believe I can achieve sobriety now.

I watched my husband pour himself a glass of red wine tonight and had "that" conversation. I ended it by saying "Not tonight." I can deal with it tomorrow but I won't drink tonight. No regrets.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS i am taking up knitting again also now i am sober and up to scarves at the moment. knitting one for each of my girls to show how much i love them. I cant wait to knit a lopsided jumper for my grandchild and be sober doing it. You will bring so much love and joy and happiness to your daughter sober and i am so glad she got the help she needed. My eldest daughter told me in no uncertain terms that she would never leave my grandchild with me while i was drinking, i always thought she would but deep down realised why should she. Now when ever a grandchild appears i will be there 110% like you will be. So happy for you.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Yes ss I am very early in my sobriety and I am up now due to guilt and missed opportunties.this last binge really casused to reflect on my life.thank you for sharing a raw memory.i wish you well.

Comment

available;1646784 wrote: SS i am taking up knitting again also now i am sober and up to scarves at the moment. knitting one for each of my girls to show how much i love them. I cant wait to knit a lopsided jumper for my grandchild and be sober doing it. You will bring so much love and joy and happiness to your daughter sober and i am so glad she got the help she needed. My eldest daughter told me in no uncertain terms that she would never leave my grandchild with me while i was drinking, i always thought she would but deep down realised why should she. Now when ever a grandchild appears i will be there 110% like you will be. So happy for you.
          Thanks, Available (and now you are available to your family )

Yep, my knitting is crappy but so was my keyboard playing two years ago and now I can play (by ear) about 100 songs or so. I know that practice makes perfect so I am on to my next lopsided project. I am so happy for you that you will be able to enjoy the little ones. My son just asked me five minutes ago to fill in for the sitter next week. Love it. Why would I drink???? Tea is the drink of choice for me.
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Jsioh1;1646841 wrote: Yes ss I am very early in my sobriety and I am up now due to guilt and missed opportunties.this last binge really casused to reflect on my life.thank you for sharing a raw memory.i wish you well.
            That's just the tip of the iceberg for me, Jsioh1... I have lots of stuff I feel bad about. But it is so healing to truly understand that mistakes are made in the heat of the moment. No one is immune to making bad decisions.

An old Indian saying: "Good judgement comes from experience ... experience comes from bad judgement."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

hi everyone! for me, based on my experiences forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness. It's not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.

Comment

Hi gabrielle! Welcome to MWO, hope to see more of your posts!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                X