Army Thread Wednseday 9th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Tipperoooo, Spidy, Dreamydooo, Sol (don't be a stranger), Sweetypie, Satzuma, Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy

And another nod ..................
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ans a likkle reminder it is............2 days can be converted to one of these units:

172,800 seconds
      2880 minutes
      48 hours
      2 days

until Dreamydoooooooooooo's birthday. Party frocks at the ready.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning JC! How are you today -really?

I want gowns worn at my party, not frocks. Spotted dressing gowns. We're going to have bunny chow so we can all add to our spot collection. And thanks for the heads-up! Yours and gypsy Satz's coming up very soon too - lots of parties in the Army.

AND six whole months next Monday! More excited about that than the birfday. Life is good.
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1646847 wrote: Spare room waiting for you - I'll even put sheets on the bed :H:H
          bed??? dont spoil her!!

Comment

roxane;1646854 wrote: bed??? dont spoil her!!

She's not that
            bad, our funny penguin.

Comment

Does she not get her own little iceberg to sit on
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

How am I really...........oh I honestly don't know.................sadder than the saddest person in sad land but grateful that she went quickly.
                Brought all her old knitting patterns home last night........didn't half a lump in my throat.........some of those patterns she knitted for me over the years.

My Godson ( who is also my cousin ) will be flying in later this morning so all 4 of us grand kids will be at the funeral. She was soooooooooooo proud of us.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh Jackie, come and have a huge hug. I treasure all the things my Granny has knitted, crocheted and embroidered for me - they keep the memories alive. I have so many good memories of the Last of the Ladies, as we called her. I know you have too...

Comment

I've still got the poncho she crocheted when I was 9ish.......

Oh need a huge amount of good vibes for the son and heir he's going for a more senior management position today at 12 noon.

Days like today I'm soooooooooooo fecking grateful I'm sober.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Brilliant news, JC - sending loads of good wishes your way!

Ponchos - yes, mine had crocheted me one as well, as well as the comfiest slippers ever!

Comment

Just had a thought that poncho will be 50 years old next year..............eek.

Now I'm going to go and do something very useful...............like make the dinner.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Morning, Army!:rays:

JC:l:l:l I know your granny must have been proud of you....and she must have known that you were such a good friend to many, especially to odd duck Cheeseheads like me. You are right....your sobriety makes you an even stronger person in this situation. Sending lots of :h your way!

Satzy....so you're dumping your current job. Do you have another one already or are you going to take your time and have a look at something else? Doesn't it feel good to rid yourself of baggage like PIA bosses and co-workers? If felt wonderful to me. I've worked out of my house for the last 15 years and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Off to the gym and then I have to wait for the cable TV man.

Cheery hellos to Mr. T, DTD, Spidey, Molly, Sweetiepea, LC, Roxy, Sol...and everyone else!

Comment

Molly, sorry, x-post! Gawd, I wish I could take that horrible feeling of craving a butt away from you.:upset: They say quitting smoking is worse than quitting drinking and I cannot imagine how hard that has got to be.:l

they WERE my support throughout my booze quit
                            Wow, yeah, Molly, a lot of people start smoking once they quit drinking. Ugh. Maybe the e-cig is the way to go! Or....Chantix? Why put yourself through this hell when you can have help?:l:l Just my two pence.

Comment

JackieClaire;1646859 wrote: How am I really...........oh I honestly don't know.................sadder than the saddest person in sad land but grateful that she went quickly.
                              Brought all her old knitting patterns home last night........didn't half a lump in my throat.........some of those patterns she knitted for me over the years.

My Godson ( who is also my cousin ) will be flying in later this morning so all 4 of us grand kids will be at the funeral. She was soooooooooooo proud of us.:l Just cherish the memories JC -but don't be sad - she'd kiiilllllll you

JackieClaire;1646865 wrote:
                              Oh need a huge amount of good vibes for the son and heir he's going for a more senior management position today at 12 noon.
                              Good luck S&H - Great Gran will look after him !

mollyka;1646882 wrote:
                              Afternoon all --- just a quick dip in 'atween doing some work for Joe and going to my own job --- hope yer all ok? I do see you are sad Jackie --- so sorry

Just to explain any absences --- I am finding this cigarette quitting really tricky -- it's much more than the absence of nicotine or whatever --- it's like someone has whipped my legs out from under me and I've no support --- they WERE my support throughout my booze quit

I'm going to be ok --- half way through day 2 and very happy about that --- I'll white-knuckle another few days and then if things don't improve (which I'm sure they will) I may resort to an Ecig --- just wanna do this properly tho....... fuck --- I feel like someone has hung me out to dry!!!!
                              Ok -- off to work --- I'll talk laters hopefully xxx
                              :l poor Molls
                              I'm with Rusty on this one Molls - take all the help you can get - that's like demanding a natural birth when there is an epidural available :l MADNESS :H

Think of it now as the toxins LEAVING your body nothing more than that

Comment

Ok no mad rush here of posting

I'm off home - catch yiz later maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X