underlying depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

underlying depression

I have suffered severe depression since childhood. I think I may have been born that way. I am now 36. I have not done a lot about except take paxil for a few years were I barely graduated college.towards the end I was drinking on paxil and having very scary blackouts. I woke up in jail a couple times. Anyways I know I have to beat this depression if I am going to have any chance of a happy life. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to beat depression once and for all?

Thanks
    Jeremy

underlying depression

I've learned you can't cure your problems away with chemicals. They help, but in and of themselves, they're not going to make your problems go away. In my opinion it sounds like you are in serious need of talk therapy.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

underlying depression

Alky- thanks for the response .I agree about chemicals not being the answer they do not change the way you think.i have made arangements to see a therapist

Comment

underlying depression

The chemicals just help you clear your head long enough so you can start the real work. My psychiatrist wouldn't prescribe medication without me agreeing to see the therapist in his office on a regular basis.
        In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
        X