Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread POETS day 11 April

Hiya Pinky and seeya Molls!

Had car pre-checked Pinky- just needed 2 new tyres and one tail-light, so hoping it will pass with flying colours Just hafta get it washed first!
    How's life treating you? Still busy-busy with studying and new job?

Comment

:waving: PinkPea (sounds like a serious illness, doesn't it?)

Good luck with the car, Sweetiepeapie!

Roxy, apart from freezing, how are you doing today? What is it with the weather? Not that I'm complaining about this unexpected bit of summer, but still...

You know Molly, I've been feeling like such a fraud, posting in the Nest - and here - about quitting, when I can't leave the ciggies in the shop. So I guess it's bottles full of my own medicine time - bulldoze through, don't have the first one, cravings will pass, life will get better. Please feel free to join the queue to laugh at me. It's what Tips said the previous time I lasted about all of 10 minutes - it's not deprivation, but empowerment. And my head is in the right place this time, which I think is major!
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1647571 wrote: :waving: PinkPea (sounds like a serious illness, doesn't it?)

Good luck with the car, Sweetiepeapie!

Roxy, apart from freezing, how are you doing today? What is it with the weather? Not that I'm complaining about this unexpected bit of summer, but still...

You know Molly, I've been feeling like such a fraud, posting in the Nest - and here - about quitting, when I can't leave the ciggies in the shop. So I guess it's bottles full of my own medicine time - bulldoze through, don't have the first one, cravings will pass, life will get better. Please feel free to join the queue to laugh at me. It's what Tips said the previous time I lasted about all of 10 minutes - it's not deprivation, but empowerment. And my head is in the right place this time, which I think is major!
        Yo birfday gurl:waving:

What yer saying about getting the head in the right place is spot-on. That's what I'm slowly trying to do myself. It's scary tho!

No complaints about weather from this girl. Spring is in the air- I can feel it in me bones and see it all around So much I wanna do in the garden- just not much free-time or back strength!

Comment

Sweets, it was just as scary to give up the booze, wasn't it - and yet we did it. Nice to know the birfday/burfday will not turn into a barfday. :yay:

Have fun at the MOT place

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1647580 wrote: Sweets, it was just as scary to give up the booze, wasn't it - and yet we did it. Nice to know the birfday/burfday will not turn into a barfday. :yay:

Have fun at the MOT place
            :H Yeah!- feck I don't miss those barfdays Dreamy! The amount of clothing, bed-linen and carpets I left me mark on is shaming, to be honest. How sad?

Giving up the booze was tres scary indeed, but I had me head in the right place to do it. The only options I had were quit or end up dead- eventually. I don't mean directly from the actual drink but had seriously considered taking my own life rather than live struggling with alcoholism. I should know more than most the devastating effects of smoking- see it everyday- just gotta keep-on working on getting head in right place.

Ok, Iz best be off and get the car washed. Enjoy rest of yer day lovely lady xx

Comment

Will read back later - have a lovely evening.

JC :l

Comment

Jackie:l:lThinking of you. Hope you are ok.

Dreamy-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:yougo::bday2::bday3:

Sweetie and Molly....at the end of my drinking career, I didn't care if I lived or died either. In fact, my sister-in-law was crying on the phone one morning to me...begging me to stop drinking. She told me, "without you, this family is destroyed!!!" I told her if I died it would be just fine. No one would even know that I was gone. And I said it so calmly and reassuringly to her, and I really meant it. That's when she told my mom I needed to go to rehab.

Molly-GREAT job on all your smoke-free days. I am so proud of you!!!

Big hellos to everyone else. :-)

Comment

Rusty;1647691 wrote:

Sweetie and Molly....at the end of my drinking career, I didn't care if I lived or died either. In fact, my sister-in-law was crying on the phone one morning to me...begging me to stop drinking. She told me, "without you, this family is destroyed!!!" I told her if I died it would be just fine. No one would even know that I was gone. And I said it so calmly and reassuringly to her, and I really meant it. That's when she told my mom I needed to go to rehab.

Molly-GREAT job on all your smoke-free days. I am so proud of you!!!

Big hellos to everyone else.
                  :l:l Rustylocks - how long are you AF now ?

Comment

Oh and anyone wanting to cheered up
                    - old episodes of Friends on -laughing out loud still at it !

Comment

Satzy:l 2 years continuously AF on May 17. Please, I don't want any anniversary posts. It sets me up for failures. I would go months and then drink (not get drunk, though) but this last time, something just stuck. Finally....after SO many Day 1s, Week 1s, Month 1s...blah blah blah.

Yes, Yes, Yes, on the Friends reruns. Matthew Perry has been sober a long time, and oh, even at 53, he still twirls my Irish skirt.

How are you?

Comment

mollyka;1647704 wrote: oh jaysus -- I HATE LOATHE ABHOR Friends!!! AND Sex in the City and all those other shite things!!! No sense of humour me!
                        Howdy Rusty --well - we've come a long way anyways:l

Must away for a wee bit and make the dindins -- I seriously may poke Joe in the eye if he mentions 'apps' or 'phone' ONE MORE TIME!!! Now is this ME --- or is this HIM.....:H
                        It's YOU !!!:H:H

Comment

It's YOU !!!
                          Posted by Satz. Love it, Satz.

Molly, yeah, I luv ya, but it MIGHT be you. HAHHAHAH!!! Just kidding.

Comment

Rusty;1647710 wrote: Posted by Satz. Love it, Satz.

Molly, yeah, I luv ya, but it MIGHT be you. HAHHAHAH!!! Just kidding.
                            Don't mind ol' Grumpydrawers Rusty :H

This is my favourite : Ab Fab a sitcom over this way from the late 80s:
                            MOLLS - which one do you want to be ????:H:H
                            Absolutely Fabulous france wine - Bing Videos

Comment

American version? Or the original British one?

Comment

mollyka;1647719 wrote: Oh - HAS to be Patsy!!! Jill reckons I'm a cross between Patsy and Blanche from Corrie ;-)

Yup --- I'm as grumpy as fuck --- like seriously so --- was never like this quitting the grog --- used to feel brilliant by Day 3 -- FFS -- anyway -- another day done and dusted.....
                                If ANYONE hasn't seen House of Cards --- you just....... MUST!!!!
                                Oh I must get that Molls - haven't seen it yet .

Comment

Working...
                                X