Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back and hanging my head

Please keep coming back... I do.

In fact back after a bender last night. I made 6 weeks of no drinking then had a few slip ups and now I want to get back to being sober.

I used to be mean when I was drunk... I had some anger to deal with in which when I got some counseling I became a nicer person all around. Do you recognize anything that makes you want to drink? I'm still working on the part. My stuff sneaks up on me and I can decipher everything after the storm I would like to be able recognize the warning signs and have some sort of plan. I get way to confident when I take 6 weeks off.. I feel like King Kong but I always slip back..
    I'm thinking about seeing a lady who specializes in chronic relapse.

Comment

Back and hanging my head

You're not an idiot, M3

But you are an alcoholic (by the sounds of it).
      Alcohol = stunning, baffling, cunning, powerful. The scenario you describe is exactly what that means. The second you start feeling better (physically and/or emotionally) your addiction tells you that you're OK now. That "this time will be different". I have certainly played that game for many years, as have countless others here.

Keep getting back up, keep coming back, keep changing your approach to quitting. You can do it.. honest, you can!

:l
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
      X