more on coffee and the liver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we all know the best way to protect and heal your liver (no booze) but I love it when there are more studies saying that coffee is good for the liver (I won't even dispute the science this time!:H) Saying this as I enjoy one right now!

Daily coffee habit linked to lower risk of liver cancer, study says - latimes.com

Hi, TT

Those association studies have all sorts of problems with them but like you, I pick and choose which ones to believe :H. I love all the good associations with dark chocolate and coffee and getting enough sleep... I used to seek out the ones that said red wine was good for you and conveniently ignored the amounts that showed a positive association .

I love my first cup of coffee in the morning now that it isn't being dumped into a sick stomach almost as much as I used to love/need that first glass of wine in the evening. Unlike the wine, I savor it. This morning I dumped a bunch of beans that I don't like because it occurred to me there is no point in drinking bad coffee. My standards had sunk so low on wine it was ridiculous!

Enjoy your morning's coffee

Comment

That is so funny because I do the same thing... Always look for the research or studies that support what I want them too..

Comment

i seldom drink tea or coffee at all, water is your friend

Comment

Coffee for this girl. But I deffo need to drink more water!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Like NoSugar, I'm back to loving coffee now that my stomach can actually handle it in the morning. Back to a regular routine of about 2 cups per morning. Perhaps that is why after all these years of abusing my liver, my liver enzymes were normal on my last medical workup!
            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Who knows how good these data are but still...

6 Graphs That Will Convince You to Drink More Coffee

Comment

Working...
              X