X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Units question.

o

Units question.

I'm confused about the difference between units and standard drinks too.

In Australia, our govt regulates that manufacturers must print the number of 'standard drinks' on each bottle, and our local wine is 6 standard drink per bottle. I'm clueless as to what units are but am interested in finding out. I was going to ask this question too!

Scoob
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Units question.

9 units is right for a 12% bottle of wine. I read somewhere that if you take the volume of alcohol ie 12%, that applies per 1000mls , so 12% per 1000mls = 12 units per 1000mls. A bottle of wine is about 750 mls so that would be 9 units if 12% in volume! Hope im making sence!

Comment

Units question.

www.downyourdrink.org.uk explains the unit system and its an excellent site to! I once did 6 weeks af through them ,it really helped me. Hope this is of interest to you.

Comment

Units question.

One unit of wine is one glass of wine, a standard glass is 125ml, a bottle of wine is 750ml, therefore there are 6 units in a bottle of wine, not 9 or 14.
          Suz
          Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Units question.

I also always thought that there were about 6 glasses of wine per bottle. So at about 12-13% for wine - 3 bottles of wine should equal 1/3 of a 750 ml bottle of vodka at 40%

Comment

Units question.

This is too difficult for me to work out. All I know is that women should drink no more
              than approx.21 units per week, men 28, spread over the 7 days, not all in one session.
              That is why binge drinking is bad for us.

Comment

Units question.

6 glasses of wine does not represent 6 units, there is more than one unit per glass, and with wine itself at different volumes, the units would depend on the strength of the wine.

Comment

Units question.

Hi Starlight

Sorry, i think it was me that got the units wrong! Here in the UK I go off what is posted on the wine bottles. I used to drink red wine which is 14% and listed as 12 units. I now drink red at 12%, 9 units. I got mixed up the other night - sorry for worrying you.

Comment

Working...
                  X