Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone weight lift after dropping alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that it can have an effect on getting nutrients into the bloodstream but I have started to work out again and am making very little gains. Had a great workout last night and in the past, I would feel great the next day, I feel like I have not even worked out at all.

Anyone have experience with this and the timetable to get back?

I should add I have been having a good diet consisting of lean protein and veggies as for the first time in my life, I need to drop some weight.

Hi Brian...

Hmmmm... What was your consumption before starting to lift?
    If you were a heavy drinker... It's gonna take some time for your body and liver to heal. To be honest I am still struggling with my drinking but since I quit drinking daily and started running it took about a year for body to really start responding and feeling healthy. I just started lifting weights about 6 months ago and I am finding that my body is slowly but surely responding.

What is your diet like honestly no offensive meant here. I think that is key to results too.
    That's my humble opinion in a nut shell. If you wanted to share further details about your drinking history maybe I would have more in sight.

Comment

I drank a fifth of vodka 5 days a week for 4 years.

Diet consists of salmon, eggs, apples, broccoli, spinach, lean chicken.

I am naturally skinny and could abuse the crap out of my body before and have a couple good workouts and feel good.

Comment

I started working with a trainer after drying out, but sober or no, it's going to take a while to make some gains, unless you have some chemical help which is ill-advised.
        In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
        X