Here comes the Topa Dopa... WooHoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are scaring me... I ordered topa yesterday and am quite excited. But my job is to have the right words, as I'm a copywriter. I write articles every month that are read by thousands of people - yikes!! It will be interesting to see what kind of copy I come up with.
    :nutso:
    Hugs,
    imatree

Comment

ScoobyDoo--Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like the stars are lining up in your direction. I started topa less than a week ago. Other than tingling in the hands and feet, I am OK. I am not experiencing and dumbing down (yet)---perhaps I can't go any further! I am only on 25 mg. I am going very slow as recommended in RJs book. My craving for alcohol has already diminished--not a lot, but I definitely feel a difference. Good luck and keep us posted.
      :goodjob:
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Congratulations Scoob. Sounds great.
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Imatree~keep that book that has ....um....all those words in it....that you can't remember....um....you use to recall another word for it.....Thesaurus! Yah-Thesaurus.

That way when you can recall a "baby word" you can look up a more sophisticated word for it!:H
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Scooby Congrats on the new job!! As far as the effects of topa go--check out the forum on Topa, Campril-- Lots of good info there. There is another med that some folks find helpful, Olmifon, its available from nubrain and is thought to help to improve brain function
            Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my Topo (grrrrr) too many glitches getting it online.
            I think that its important to follow RJ's dosing recommendations carefully. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Again Congrats!!!

Comment

Breez;138456 wrote: Imatree~keep that book that has ....um....all those words in it....that you can't remember....um....you use to recall another word for it.....Thesaurus! Yah-Thesaurus.

That way when you can recall a "baby word" you can look up a more sophisticated word for it!:H
              :H Classic!

Gabby... that's it! It's only been one day but so far I am liking the feeling of the topa effect. Like a chilled out bliss feeling.

I've decided I'll order some Adrifinil just in case.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

Scoob
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

scoob

I took adrafinil (aka olmifon)from nubrain.com as per RJ's book, for about 4 weeks as I titrated up. had no topa dopa, well hardly any. now on 150mg topa and keeping the booze at bay. really recommend.

BUT : warning - it MASSIVELY knocks your appetite off - I lost a ton of weight (like 25lbs) as I just did not want to eat (but then I had sky high stress due to my personal life so maybe that was a factor, but it is well known as an appetite supressant so it is hard to disentangle the two).

good luck with the job scoobs! well done you!

Rip x

Comment

Thanks Rip! Actually it was your post on the Meds forum that made me decide to give the adrafinil a go. A little weight loss wouldn't hurt my butt one little bit... bring it on! :H

I just ordered.

Scoobs
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Hey Scooby, congrats on the ummm thingy! And hey, don't worry about the topa dopa. I've been on it for ummmm, awhile and it hasn't done anything really ummmm, bad. It's makes you have ummmm, sort of this feeling like you can't ummmm, think of those things....ummmm, WORDS. No big deal though. Sorry to tell you that the weight loss doesn't work for everyone. I still have my big...ummm BUTT! Best of luck to you!!!
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

I did lose weight. 35 lbs. BUT....I have gained like 15 of it back. I was workin out like a dog and really tryin to lose weight. And now stress has made a big come back and I am a stress eater. So I have regained. Need to get back in the old routine.
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hi guys I'm just curious , I read the book and learned so much about Topa from here as well... I'm 35 days today AF and I'm scared as hell to try Mods... In the beginning I took a Kudzu 3 times a day and then gradually over the next 10 days or so I just haven't taken anymore... No cravings. I also ordered and do take the occasional L-glutamine... Hubby also is on day 18 AF. ( He could sit down after a hard days work enjoy 2 beer and then have dinner, not to drink again. Sometimes with buddies or that he will drink more than that though which is seldom)
                        I guess my question really is, around the end of June I would like to try Mods but do I consider Topa if I don't want to stop at just one or two drinks ? Can a person take a very low dose of Topa everyday, say 25 or 50 mg to help them have an edge over drinking ? Would a person lose the effect of Topa on such a lowdose? Is that why they gradually increase their Topa? Any thoughts atall would be greatly appreciated... This has and is weighing quite heavily on me as we will be hosting a huge 2 day Yard, family BBQ. Our home and yard is turned into a small camp ground for alot of family fun... I would love to know that I could casually enjoy a few drinks experiencing fully everything. Thank-You so much in advance, ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Congratulations Scoob on your new position !!! That is just wonderful for you.. You sound so positive ! Hats off to you... Isn't it wonderful for us all to ask for advice from such compassionate friends on here? I hope that I'm not off topic by asking some questions about Topa also... I'm just curious , I read the book and learned so much about Topa frodays today AF and I'm scared as hell to try Mods... In the beginning I took a Kudzu 3 times a day and then m here as well... I'm 35 gradually over the next 10 days or so I just haven't taken anymore... No cravings. I also ordered and do take the occasional L-glutamine... Hubby also is on day 18 AF. ( He could sit down after a hard days work enjoy 2 beer and then have dinner, not to drink again. Sometimes with buddies or that he will drink more than that though which is seldom)
                          I guess my question really is, around the end of June I would like to try Mods but do I consider Topa if I don't want to stop at just one or two drinks ? Can a person take a very low dose of Topa everyday, say 25 or 50 mg to help them have an edge over drinking ? Would a person lose the effect of Topa on such a lowdose? Is that why they gradually increase their Topa? Any thoughts atall would be greatly appreciated... This has and is weighing quite heavily on me as we will be hosting a huge 2 day Yard, family BBQ. Our home and yard is turned into a small camp ground for alot of family fun... I would love to know that I could casually enjoy a few drinks experiencing fully everything. Thank-You so much in advance, And Again Congratulation To You Scoobie !! ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Congrats on the new account, Scooby, and keep us updated with the topa affect. It is definitely an option I am considering after my annual physical. It's always good to hear about what others are experiencing. Good luck and enjoy the good feelings.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                            X