• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just venting i'm afraid ....

Thanks starlight, I will steer her towards that xxx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm glad that your Dad pulled through and I'm guessing now the Doctors will know exactly what they are up against to help your Dad.. Hang Tough My Girl... We all Love and Care about you and yours. ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Betty,
        I responded to this thread over in mods - havent checked back to see if you saw it, but I was wondering same as someone else here.... does that mean your father gets no treatment now? What is the next course of action? I know it sounds cheezy, but what about severe dietary changes to unclog those arteries?? It worked for my father in law after going in for triple bypass and then a stent. He finally changed his diet in a serious way... very unpleasant for him going from eating fried food and whatever he pleased to strictly raw veggies, salads, lean fish only as meat with exception of chicken breasts grilled or boiled only. Oh, and TONS of fruit ad oatmeal. Totally turned him around! He lost 70 pounds and you would not know he ever had clogged arteries. There is more to be explored than a dooms sentence from the doctors! But God bless the doctors... my brother is one and they are awesome. I have heard and seen too many stories of people with death sentences turning it around with drastic diet changes.

One of the best quotes I remember on this was, "We should eat to live, not live to eat."

In my prayers...
        Allie
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Dear Betty,

I signed on this evening to find out how things had gone for your dad and to see if you were safe. I agree with what Allie wrote. Sometimes major lifestyle changes, as hard as they are to make, can turn things around for cardiac patients.

Warm tidings to you, your dad and your uncle.

:heart: E

Comment

I've tried to help too

Your post bought back scary memories for me. I tried to help a neighbour of mine many years ago, she was nice and had three tiny kids, I knew he was abusing her, I could hear the abuse but didn't know what to do.

One night, she ran to my house for help, she was a mess and had the kids with her, I couldn't turn her away, I let her in and and went to my phone to call the police.

He followed and kicked my door in and proceeded to smash my house up, her and my kids were screaming terrified, we all tried to run, but her caught her and beat her up again in my house, and screamed threats to me and my kids. It was a bad, bad night.

All I can say is that I couldn't put myself through that again, and as bad as it sounds, I would offer help through the closed door to call the police.

When the cops finally turned up it was all over, he had dragged her back home and my kids and I were traumatised, I don't think it was worth it, and I'm a person who could never turn away someone in need, but somewhere you have to draw the line.

Do what you can but distance yourself for your own safety and that of your kids.

You just bought back alot of memories, life can be crappy for alot of women, I hope she is away from him now,

Love Jas xx
            :thanks: :h

Comment

Working...
            X