I didn't drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't drink

I have been watching the new series "Mom" about a recovering alcoholic. I thinks it's good to see television programs like this. She was at a meeting for her 1 year anniversary. So it reminded me of myself. On Wednesday I will be sober for 1 year.
    During that time I have gone through more crap then I think has happened in the past 10 years of my drinking life.
    I started out with a drinking husband very reluctant to see me stop. But I didn't drink.
    We had hard drinking relatives announce a visit of undetermined length, but I didn't drink.
    My husband went on a month long drinking, crack smoking bender, even drinking at work. I didn't drink.
    My husband stopped drinking by taking antabuse 245 days ago. I didn't drink to celebrate.
    Two heroin addicts moved into my spare bedroom and totally abused my hospitality. I didn't drink.
    They moved out, I didn't have a celebratory drink.
    Mardi Gras came and went, I didn't drink.
    Here I am. Getting ready to Celebrate Easter and my rebirth. No drinking.
    I have been fully present, aware of life around me for a year.
    I can honestly this has been the best year of my life for as long as I can remember.
    All because I did not drink!!!
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

I didn't drink

Sometimes when the thought of drinking has crossed my mind, Little Beagle, I've thought about the serious life events that you did not drink at, and it made my choice easier. It has helped to try to be as strong and committed as you are. Thank you for being here :l.

Comment

I didn't drink

Wow, really glad of this post. You set an brilliant example for others to see.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I didn't drink

Yay Little beagle!

What an accomplishment.

I love reading your posts and it's great to have you around friend.

Have a great weekend you rawkstar!

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I didn't drink

:dancin:
          CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you for sharing all of the hurdles that the little beagle, with her short little legs, managed to overcome! She kept her nose to the ground, focused on the future, and resisted chasing the skittish rabbit, knowing that the hunt would appear easy to the human eye, but would take her way off course.

:groupluv:

Way to go, Little B! :l Patty
          "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
          so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
          :hug:

Comment

I didn't drink

What a powerful post. Congratulations!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I didn't drink

LB this is why i just love you so, you have been through shit and made it to the other side. You are a total inspiration on my sobriety and for that i thank you with all my heart. April seems to be a time of big celebrations and it just keeps getting better and better sober.

Much love to you my friend.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I didn't drink

:wd:

This shows me that no matter what the circumstance, this can be done! Congratulations to you! What an accomplishment!

Comment

I didn't drink

I am so proud of your success, LB.
                  You truly have been an inspiration around these boards. It has been amazing to me, not only did you get help but you were all the while GIVING it. Even when you just had a few days AF, you reached out to others behind you to help them up. You are the poster child for how MWO works! Congratulations on your upcoming year! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

I didn't drink

Wow, LB!!!!! Great Post!!! So happy for you.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I didn't drink

Little B -thank you for reminding us what real sobriety can look and feel like -and especially if achieved under such dire circumstances. I am so glad I read this thread. SW

Comment

I didn't drink

Wow, LB. You are an amazing example of how it all works.

Thanks for your strong support and for showing us all how it is done. This is a wonderful post.

xo
                        Pav

Comment

I didn't drink

You are an amazing woman, LB!
                          So proud of you, what an inspiration!

Comment

I didn't drink

LB your post has shown me that every time I wake up and say to myself, Yay! I didn't Drink! , that I am really moving towards that bigger picture! :thanks:

Thank you so so much for making that very very clear. :rays:You really do point the way for all of us.:h

:l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I didn't drink

Truly inspirational Little Beagle - thank you for sharing, you are amazing! I am really not sure I could have done the same if I had been in your shoes, you are a strong woman
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                              X