8 legged trigger!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 legged trigger!!!

There have been alot of really serious posts here today, so I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this because it isn't serious just kinda silly but an example of how my crazy mind works.

My bf went to bed a while ago and I was sitting here happily browsing MYO when I spotted a huge spider on the ceiling. Well I had to wake him up to come and catch it and he sucked it up into the hoover(not very humane sorry) We have a dyson and I could still see the spider running around inside it and I was convinced that it would someow get out again, so my bf got dressed released it into the garden and went back to sleep.

Anyway I then sat here shaking like a leaf and thought God I need a drink!! Found half a bottle of by bf's wine and almost poured myself a glass before realsing how crazy I was being. I know so many of you are having difficult times at the moment and it really made me think how brave and strong you are being in times of adversity, and what a nut I was at wanting a drink to calm my nerves because of a blooming spider.

:hitme:

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

8 legged trigger!!!

Kitty - I am laughing. Only because I am totally afraid of spiders and my first thought would be a drink once it was all said and done! We need a bit of lightheartedness here today. Sorry to laugh at your expense - I am laughing with you not at you. Good job on not drinking though!

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

You my dear have passed one of many test that will come your way... This peticular test came in the form of a 8 legged critter that's all.. Kudos to you,,, Keep it up !!!
      ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Hi Kitty, I love spiders, my phobia is mice, so if I saw one it could drive me to drink
        but hopefully I would be as strong as you.Well done

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm laughing myself now. Stupid thing is I live in Wales so they aren't even that big!!!!

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Spiders are nice! They are your friend!

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Yes if I find a spider in my home I capture it and put it outside. Unless it's bigger than me and then I run.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Your bf sounds like a dream, capturing and releasing the eight-legged monster all to protect you. Thanks for the light-hearted story. And congrats for not calming your nerves with vino. You'll be happier tomorrow because of that!

Julie

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Like Account-I laughed with you. Congrats on not picking up that drink!

I apologize to it before I flush it down the toilet. Unless it's bigger than me, I get a bigger object, apologize and throw it and pray my aim is good.
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

I'd squish it. No offense to spider lovers, but I would find a shoe or a magazine, and that spider would be headed off to creepy crawly heaven.

Julie

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

I am with Julie, I just squish'em to death. Sometime I hear them crack, and that makes me happy to know they are really dead. I live in Arizona and most of the spiders here are posionious. They can kill you with one bite, or turn the area they bite all black. They are painful bites too.
                      Lucky, what the heck are you talking about....spiders are nice, they are our friend? Is this the Duck talking?
                      Meow-Meow
                      MonaKitty

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

I kill spiders on site. We have some huge ones here, big black ones. I seen even bigger ones in Korea...big bugs and insects in Korea. There was this huge centipede thing that's poisionus and it used to climb in from the roof and in through the patio doors, I would find them in my laundry or climbing on the walls..from another room!!!

Now, I've got the heeby-jeebies!!

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

I like spiders and have a large one in my living room, he comes out sometimes in the evening runs across the floor and disappears again, I have called him Charlie..
                          A F F L..
                          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

Yuck...I live in Atlanta, we have some of the most disgusting bugs you will ever see. If you don't have your house sprayed you will have a house full of roaches, spiders, termites, and now they are warning us about brown reculse spiders that hide in your mailbox and get you when you get the mail.....! Squish away.....!

Comment

8 legged trigger!!!

On my honeymoon we were staying in Florida and my wife and I had gotten a little tipsy. When we were coming in from a late night swim in the pool we had trouble getting the door open and let in a ton of mesquitoes. At first we didnt notice them.

We crawled into bed and when my wife got bit she absolutely freaked. So here I am late at night, tipsy, naked as a jay bird jumping around the hotel room with a rolled up newspaper swatting at mesquitoes doing their very best not to be swatted. I still laugh every time I think of this story and your spider reminded me of it

My wife got a laugh at my expense as she said the show was really fun to watch!
                              Hablur

Comment

Working...
                              X