F'd it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F'd it up

Long story short...7 weeks sober and fine. Had a beer or two a few weeks ago and thought nothing of it. Then it became 5 a few days later. In the last week, I have gone on the binge of destruction. Alcohol provides many things- mainly a crutch to hold you up in times of strife, but the COST is heavy. Why oh why do I inject myself with poison? Oh cuz it's fun...for a moment.

F'd it up

Yeah, that's the problem 1 beer usually leads to 5.

Hope you are ok now and getting back to a good place.:l
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

F'd it up

1 beer leads to 30 in my case...it's just not the classic alcoholic thought because 1-30 isn't a night, it's weeks or months. Tricky huh?

Comment

F'd it up

My brain won't let me have any. It's all or nothing for me. Nothing is SO much easier then all. It just becomes a lifestyle. I have a lot more fun this way.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

F'd it up

Tf.....I'm sure you'll find your way back!!!!! And Congrats on the 7 weeks!!!! That's awesome!!!!

Comment

F'd it up

TF only you can make the choice to drink or not and 7 weeks is damn impressive. Al does absolutely nothing for us, it takes everything we hold dear. Keep posting on here, i find this is my AA and i am totally accountable to others as well as myself. I was a 2 bottle, 7 days a week girl, now nearly 5 months af and i never want a day 1 again.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

F'd it up

I know the feeling. I wanted a beer last night, however I knew that if I had the 1 beer I would need at least 11 more.

Just learn from your mistake and not make it again. You can do it!
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi TF- I saw your post in October in the ASAP forum and wanted to reach out and see how you've been doing. I hope you found help. Hugs.
                "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                :hug:

Comment

TF _ I posted with sincere worry about your state (you were still drinking hard mid Oct, but who's counting..)..if you went that long without booze..think about it..it's so fuckin' possible to go longer ..and get back on it..EVEN if you drank again...think about how much you gained during that time..how much your life was yours..even if something shitty happened in between. You were in contrail..not the booze.. set that as the template for life ...shit will happen...AL will make it worse...nothing is F'd up unless you want it to be..you are in control..YOU choose how much drama you want from this piece of crap disease....you HAVE THIS MAN...THINK BEFORE YOU DRINK
                  “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Working...
                  X