Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I'm still AF and hanging in there. No time to read back now. I'll try later.

Comment

Proud of you Ginger, thinking of your family. Glad everyone seems to be doing well, I am still AF , but very sick at the moment. Am actually going to bed and it is 7:30. Have bronchitis, and possess absolutely no energy. Am thinking of everyone and wishing you the very best, Min Star and Lizann hope your quit is going well, remember that you can DO it! Pauly, beachygirl, cowboy have a great weekend. Hope to post more when I can breathe and go more than a minute without coughing up a lung , sending strong support everybody's way :hug:

Comment

Feel better OH
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Feel better OH! Sleep, if you can is probably the best thing.
          Hang in there ginger.
          Cowboy, s'mores sound wonderful right about now.
          Pauly, not sure if you or cowboy will win but. . .Ellen called me twice. She called me at work (I was just leaving) because I was there so late. I guess she was thinking I stopped at the store. June didn't call, she sent me a long letter. It went thru what it would do to mom and dad if they knew and a whole host of other things I don't even have the energy to repeat. It was not mean, but basically she would never forgive herself if something happened to me and she didn't try to help me. So that's two phone calls and a letter. Tough day at work with another employee who is just plain taking advantage of me. I will have to confront which isn't easy for me. Going to a family baby shower tomorrow two hours away and I have to drive my SIL and my niece (my niece has a four wheel drive). Weather is supposed to get bad later in the day. I am overwhelmed. I wanted a drink so badly tonight, I did not drink and there is none in the house. I just wanted to come here and talk to you guys, but there was always something or someone! Thanks so much for your support. It really helps to come here.
          Chief, I have missed you. Busy is a good thing and so is the overtime.

Comment

Hang in there Lizanne. I am struggling myself. I really want to drink and almost feel like its inevitable. Coming here and reading all your supportive posts helps a lot. Stress can be such a trigger eh Lizanne.
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Liz and SS, drinking isn't inevitable, not drinking is...keep that thought in your minds..:hug:
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

SS, Lizann... I'm thinking of you both. I know stopping is what you want so you will get there. You won't be happy with yourself until you do. Sorry I'm not more present right now. Trying to make sure Mom has all she needs in a timely manner is exhausting. I can't even imagine adding AL to this mix. I'm so much sharper now than I was 9 months ago. I'm thankful for that.

Pauly, Don't ever think you aren't welcome here! We love you.

OH, I sure hope you feel better soon. We had that crud right after Christmas. Try hot lemon water and honey. It seemed to help my cough. And I lived on Ricola!

Min, glad the blood work was okay. Don't let that be the reason to get relaxed with your quit though. You need to do this for your babies too. Like I've said before, I sure wish I would have quit at your age when my kids were little.

Chief, sure do miss you around here. Thanks for checking in.

ABC, thanks for keeping my seat warm for me.

I saw this saying the other day and it is stuck in my head. I'm happy about it too!
                "Today is a good day for a good day" Let's all go out and have a good AF day tomorrow and the day after and the day after and the day after.....

Love you guys!!
                Last edited by Ginger999; February 20, 2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Off to a baby shower in south jersey. Two hours one way, bad weather and my SIL and niece in the car. Wish me luck. We may end up just sleeping there if it gets to bad. May not be able to check in so don't worry about me. I WILL NOT DRINK!

Comment

Safe travels, Lizann. I'll be thinking of you. 💖

Comment

Hey all. Haven't had a chance to get caught up. Been sorting house stuff out. Baby just down and dinner to make :-/ I'll check in again later x

Comment

Howdy all! A quiet Saturday morning for me, coffee, MWO, and watching the Canadian Ladies curling championships, aka "Scotties Tournament of Hearts" on tv. And this afternoon, my son and I are driving into Edmonton to attend an NHL hockey game, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks are in town taking on the Oilers. About the same drive as you Liz, but it's a cold, crisp, sunny day so the roads will be good! Hope your journey is a safe one Liz!

Good to see everyone checking in, pauly, get your butt back here! Congrats on the new job Chief! It's going to be another great AF weekend for all of us, right?? Take care my friends and enjoy your weekend, whatever you'll be doing.....remember, no quitting on the quit eh!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quick check in - Hi gang!!!

Beautiful sunny day, so I need to be outside. I am a bit like Ginger, and need that sunshine and brightness to function properly.

Had a great dinner out last eve - AF - and my husband choose not to drink either, to make it easier for me. Honestly, it was not a big deal. There are a few favorate places, that might be hard for me come summer, but last night was fine.

Positive thoughts to all my friends.

BG

Comment

Hello friends, have fun Cowboy that sounds like a fun night I want to take Louie to a real basketball game, was gonna take him to a Rebels game but too crowded, May try a high school game at Brady's school instead, hi Beachy,Ginger, OH,SS,Chief,hope everyone is having a good Saturday, I know I keep going on about sleep but mine is atrocious!hoping it's hormones and straightens out,I've been polling customers and most of them have crap sleep too,probably pretty common which makes me feel a tad better, strangely when I do sleep I'm like a rock!police helicopter was right over our house one night, woke hubs up but I slept right through it haha, oh well, burgers and hot dogs for dinner, junkie but easy
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning. Checking in again. Had some take out pizza last night that sat right up to my neck most of the night. Topped with baby up and unsettled with dad- so I had to jump in- I'm the walking dead today. Yawn!

Hope all are well :-)

Comment

Aww Min, I'm sorry for you. Hope you can relax and maybe even nap a bit today! Hubby and I just had words too! Wants to leave early for church because it's gonna take longer with the snow. Really? It's 4 freaking miles away. After last night I should worry about 4 miles? Not happening honey!
                                Ride home from the baby shower yesterday was a four hour snowy mess! I did it, and it must admit I'm quite proud of myself. Just proves if you put your mind to it, you can do it.
                                I panicked a bit at the shower when BIL bought in a box of champagne bottles! Turns out it was sparkling cider, which we never even drank cause we left early. I had a lovely time with my daughters and my nieces.
                                My boys had the kitchen tidied up when I got home as a surprise. Backsplash is complete and cardboard is off the countertops.
                                On the bright side, didn't hear from either of my sisters yesterday. I'm sure they'll make up for it today!
                                Off to church, be back in a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X