Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes jacq, I know the feeling!
    Lucy is feeling better, thankfully. Eating like her usual self.
    Just checking in as I will be busy tomorrow, in case I don't post. No drinking for me.
    Have a good AF night!

Comment

Howdy everyone! Sounds like the weather is bad everywhere! Woke up to -8C temp, not bad for up here, but a wicked wind, 70-80 km/h or roughly 50mph! The temp dropped steadily throughout the day (-18C now) and it started snowing early this morning! Near whiteout conditions on the drive to and from work! Not to mention the hour I spent up on a roof installing a chimney! I've had better days for sure lol. But the thermos full of hot coffee kept me warm and no desire for a cold beer...

I'm kind of like BG, why does this quit seem so much easier, when is the shoe going to drop? I don't think it will this time! The key word, acceptance, of what I was and what I want to be! And of course my strengthened faith has a lot to do with it! Don't want to give too much credit to my counsellor lol, but she is definitely a big help as well! Another session with her on Thursday and I'm looking forward to it!

SS, Ginger, Chief, OH, BG, Liz, Pauly, Jacq, Ori, Min, and all the rest not mentioned....I can't think of a better group of people to call my friends!
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 3, 2015, 08:41 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey, where is everybody? Snowing here again. Waiting for hubby and son to come home. Hope the roads aren't too bad!
        Felt really good today! A not too stressful day at work.
        Cowboy I'm glad the counselor is helping you. Is she delving into your past or just giving you coping skills moving forward.
        My twin is working tonight, but apparently my older sis will call me later. I really just want to be left alone a bit, you know?
        Anyway have a good night. No drinking for me tonight!

Comment

I've had drinking dreams too. They're so intense. The feeling of despair, panic, not being in control....only to wake up and realize it was a dream and then you are just so relieved to know your quit is still intact. Maybe it's a subconscious way of reminding us just how important this is and how life changing it is. In any case, I think they are a part of the healing process.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone! Enjoy and embrace your AFness! Don't take it for granted.......it's special.

Don

Comment

Hi all! Big hug goes out to Pauly. Hang in there, girl.

Mom's doc apt yesterday went well. I talked the PT into seeing if Mom could get in my car so we can drive to appointments. There seems to be so many. Mom was able to manuver into the car so we took a drive to my house, then over to hers. It was a beautiful day here so she really enjoyed getting out. We went back to finish PT and she kicked my butt playing the wii bowling game. 179 to my 119. Old girl still's got it!

We see the ortho doc Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed we get good news. I'm so glad I'm sober and 100% present for this. Mom deserves the best I have to give her right now.

Guard your quits like your life depends on it because IT does!! Love you guys.

Comment

I agree Liz, pretty quiet on the thread lately, hopefully a sign of good things for everyone. So to everyone, lurkers and regulars alike, if you pop by today, be sure to give a big

to Ginger on her 10 month milestone today!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks, ABC! You are such a good cheerleader for all of us. I never feel alone knowing all of you are out there rooting for me!!

I'll try and check in later. I have to get ready to head to Mom's.
                Last edited by Ginger999; March 4, 2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Hey Ginger, cowboy, your my cheerleaders.
                  Congrats on 10 months Ginger!
                  Quiet day at work for me. That's nice once in a while! My son made crepes for dinner, Yay! He does usually cook, but since his study abroad in Paris, he will make the occasional French dish. He is working for a drug company right now, that has offered him an internship in Switzerland for the summer. Paperwork and logistics need to be worked out, but he had to send them a copy of his passport today. Got my fingers crossed. I share the bad stuff, figured I share some good new for a change.
                  Good night, still no drinking for me.

Comment

That should read he doesn't usually cook, darn auto correct

Comment

Liz, set an extra plate for me!!

Comment

Hi friends,

Sorry I have been missing... I need to read back to get caught up.

I had a big exam today. It was suppose to be completed in 5 hrs and it took me 6.5 hours. I do not know if that is a fail or just lost marks. I guess I will find out on Monday. I am going to try to let it go and relax for the next few days. It has been a tad stressful working up to this. This is a course I have been taking for the past 2 years, and this was the final.

No issues with AL, so that is good.

Congrats to my friend Ginger on her 10 months. Wholey moly that must feel amazing!.

Liz - your son making crepes - heaven! Hope all works out with the job offer.

I promise, I will read back more than a page and get caught up with the rest of you. I did see in the NN a discussion regarding checking in - and I agree. It is so nice to have people to check up on, and to be watching your back. Thanks guys.

BG

Comment

Ginger, belated congrats on achieving 10 months! You have been a constant source of support, and I am so glad to be on this journey with you. You have barely bitched at all along the way! I wish I could say the same. Here's to you! Xoxoxo
                          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Ginger, I'm so proud of you. Congratulations on your 10 month anniversary. You are showing us all how it's done. And you know what? You're also showing your mom what you're made of.
                            Good job, girl.

Comment

Thanks you guys! Wouldn't be here without your support.

I'm beat! It's hard work taking care of a person that needs help doing everything. Tomorrow is the ortho appt. I'm hoping we get a good progress report. I'm finding time to read when ever I can but struggle to find something profound to say. Just know that I'm close and AF. Sure hoping to get back to normal soon!

Stay close and guard your quit!

Comment

Good on you Ginge!

Still working on getting past day three. Getting back to being zen about my mistakes. Still wrestling with getting my ex off my phone plan. Only been four months. $400 for last month? Really? Also thinking about life crises. 40, 60 and maybe 20?

Read back in the morn.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X