Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning!
    Ginger, I get that struggling for something profound to say. Your presence here is encouraging to me. When I had my most recent epic fail, you were right there for me and I so appreciate that! Hope all went well with the ortho.
    Not much to add here. Snowing again. State of emergency so hubby and son are home. CJ did go to work, so I shall worry about her getting home. When she does get home she will likely go to her boyfriends house. Kids, they just don't get it!

Comment

Howdy all! Another day, another dollar in debt lol... but it's going to be a great day for all of us eh!! Counsellor day for me, and yes Liz, my first session was mostly about my past, starting with childhood. At the last session we started on dealing with my emotions, and tackled the big one first, anger. So for the past 2 weeks I've had to keep an "anger diary" and today we are going to go through it and see what patterns there are, if any. Looking forward to it.

Hi jane, nice to see you pop by, stop in more often!

Ori, I can relate to the ex, (see starting paragraph about anger) but a $400 phone bill?? Wow! I'd need more than zen to get over that! Great to see you here anyway!

Pauly, when you going to get you butt back here?? You're too good of a person to just lurk!

BG, hopefully the extra time you needed to complete the exam won't affect the grade much, fingers crossed for you! What type of course may I ask?

Ginger, sounds like mom is progressing well! Looks like things will soon get back to some semblance of normal, great to see your strength and perseverance through all this!

Chief, you know the old saying.... "all work and no play..) remember to take some time for yourself as well!

SS and Min? Starting to get a bit worried here, check in soon please!

Jacq, how's things in your world?

Can't think of anyone I've missed, except for one person.. I get to be Cheerleader_2.gif again today! Seriously, I look pretty stupid in this costume lol, but it's worth it!!

open halo on your 3 month milestone today!
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 5, 2015, 09:08 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think you look adorable cowboy:thumbsup:

Comment

Haha - yes he does look kinda cute in his cheerleading outfit.

OH - Way to go!!! You must be feeling fantastic. You should be very proud of yourself.
          Tell us what you see as the biggest change for yourself.
          It is always great to read your posts and you are so supportive of others - thanks for being part of our group!!!

Enjoy your success and spoil yourself :sohappy:

Comment

Congrats to Ginger and Open Halo! I love the costume Cowboy doesn't bringing up the past with the counselor make you uncomfortable? With mine we've delved into my past and it's making me uneasy, my childhood trauma of being sexually, physically, emotional abuses by my biological father is something I choose to block out,he was a horrible alcoholic, most people have groceries in the pantry, he had an unending supply of vodka, one night I was sleeping and he woke me up to clean his vomit off the carpet, spaghetti and root beer, I was only 7 when I stayed with him and my two brothers that summer, everytime he hit me,my brothers would laugh, maybe that's why they don't talk to me now much, they have to remember but maybe don't want to, that creep has been dead since "98 from cirrhosis, yeah, I don't like delving into the past
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly,
              I just PM you also.

Wow - that is a very sad story, and no wonder you choose not to think about it. Maybe you can ask or tell your counseller that this is not the time to work on this issue. You want to build your strength first. Or possibly another counseller?
              Not defending your brothers - but I imagine they were young at the time as well? That might have been their only defense mechanism to protect themselves? I know my son use to laugh if he hurt someone. It was so inappropriate, and then he would cry because he felt so bad. He has now outgrown that and is a very compationate young man, but it sure was odd to see at the time.

So glad you choose to come back here and share with us. I sure missed you!

Big hugs!!!!:hug:

Comment

Thanks Beachy,it's probably not an appropriate thing to post, but I'm an open book, I don't hide anything, the two brothers have al issues as well now,this is from my mum's first marriage she had us 3,divorced his crazy ass,took me and left the boys with him,then married some other guy,divorced him,then married again,had my other brother, her husband left her, then she married who I consider my REAL dad,had 4 kids,and left him to marry some other guy, dang no wonder I'm a mess haha
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aww Pauly, I am so sorry. That is a lot for anyone to handle. I happen to think you turned out quite nicely for all the turmoil you went through! If it's any consolation, I felt like drinking last night too! I did not, though. I'm glad you're back and posting again! What does your counselor hope to accomplish by delving into your past? I don't understand that.

Comment

Welcome back pauly!!! :hug: Saying sorry about hearing your childhood doesn't even come close to what I'm feeling!! Only someone as strong as you are, and you are, will be able to get through it....

As far as counsellor's go, mine did the same thing, went all the way back in my past, from childhood to present day! I think it's a good idea, we may be burying the one thing that is making our recovery impossible. By dragging up all those painful memories, they have the skills necessary to help us deal with them, and put them behind us. It will take as long as it takes, but if it means we'll be healthier afterward, then I'm all for it!

I had a great session with my counsellor today, and once I get my thoughts about it put together, I'll post it on my thread..

And on a brighter note, time change this weekend, a sure sign spring is coming!! Have a great one my friends, no quitting eh!!

ps I think the costume has to go, but not the cheerleading lol
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh yea, one more thing. The thing I love about this thread, other than the people, is that we don't always have to come up with profound things to say, we can just be ourselves! And I love you all for that!

Comment

Ok, so where is everybody tonight? Was supposed to get together with some girlfriends but one of my friends street is still/again frozen solid. We postponed to next week. So here I sit all alone on a Friday night. Normally I'd run across the street and get a bottle of wine. But I am being good. So what is everyone else up to?

Comment

Hi Liz, sorry your plans fell through. I've been so busy with Mom I haven't had as much time for posting. I still read every chance I get though!

Comment

Hey Liz - sorry, I was working evenings. Just home now.

How did you evening turn out? Some netflex?

Good thing Cowboy isnt expecting anything profound... I dont have it in me after an evening shift :happy2:

Comment

Howdy all! Saturday morning, time change day for us! Not sure why the spring ahead time change is hard for me, the fall back one is easy to get used to, but the spring ahead change takes me a month or so to get used to. Oh well, at least it'll be light out now when I leave for work! Got to keep looking at the positive side of things, right?

I have to tell you about my day yesterday. The temp warmed up considerably, from -30C Wednesday morning to +2C yesterday morning, but it was raining! The highways weren't slippery, just wet, but the country roads were skating rinks! When I turned to go up the lane at the farm, the truck just slid on the ice and down into the ditch I went! I wasn't stuck very much at all, but because of all the ice, even 4 wheel drive wouldn't get me out! I got out of the truck and fell flat on my butt as it was so icy! What's the first thing I do, look around to see if anybody saw me! How crazy is that, it's out in the country with the closest neighbour a mile away and she is a single, elderly widow. Anyway, I tried walking down the lane to get the tractor started, but it was too icy to even walk on, so I opted for walking in the deep snow. I got the tractor started and headed to pull out the truck, no easy feat when you're by yourself and there's 2 vehicles to steer! But with a bit of patience and some fancy manoeuvring, I got the truck back safely onto the road. Put the tractor away and made 4 or 6 trips back and forth loading the material I needed for the day, I wasn't about to even try getting the truck down the lane! So, off to the job I go, only to find the farm shop full of workers putting tin on the walls, no way I can get my work done with all the activity inside the shop. So, all my morning adventure of getting to this job was for naught! So, now what? I'll pull off the woman thing and go shopping!! Bubba needed a curtain rod to put up the new valance she bought to cover the mounting hardware of the new blinds and what construction guy doesn't like to look at new tools! So I headed for town, got everything I needed, then home early on a nice warm Friday afternoon, and played with Hank for over an hour. Okay, so the point to the long winded description of my day? I didn't use it as an excuse to stop in somewhere and start drinking for the afternoon, which I would have done a few months ago. I did as my counsellor taught me, I dealt with my frustration in a positive manner before it turned to anger. Almost all anger she explained to me starts with frustration, so if we deal with the frustration, we don't give anger a chance to rear it's ugly head!

BG, too profound is no good for me, it'll just go over this simple minded guy's head lol

Liz, how did the evening go? Bubba and I spent it reading and watching curling on tv. We are so used to quiet time in the evenings that I'm not sure I'd even remember how to entertain guests lol

Ginger, how is hubby doing through all this? I imagine it's affecting him as well?

To the rest of our threaders, where the heck did you guys get to?? Hurry back, we miss you!

Today, Bubba is giving me a haircut, then this afternoon we are driving to the in-laws. It's the father-in-law's 81st birthday today so I get to indulge in a fantastic Ukrainian supper! And it's also our 2nd eldest daughter's 35th birthday today, so we're going to Skype with her later as she lives in Vancouver.

Have a great weekend my friends, no drinkin' eh!

Comment

Aww cowboy, that was quite a day. Sorry, I actually chuckled a bit picturing you on your butt. Glad you managed to get the truck out of the ditch. Shopping for tools, yes fun for a guy. My hubby enjoys shopping. He can entertain himself just fine when he is with me, unusual for a guy I know. Hoping to get him into the floor store today. He is dragging his feet on this one, as it requires work on his part. We still need to get new blinds for the kitchen too.
                                Planning on going furniture shopping with our oldest daughter today. Her hubby is watching Nascar all day. Newlyweds! I need to get on that treadmill too. I'm just having trouble getting motivated this morning.
                                Our ladies get together was cancelled last night as the roads turned icy. We will meet next week instead.
                                Well off to start my day. Where is everyone? Enjoy your Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X