Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another AF weekend for me! Happy Monday guys!

Comment

Howdy everyone! Monday morning, busy week ahead of me, a few more early mornings before I adjust to the time change, but such is life! Hope everyone had as great a weekend as I did! And looking forward to a great AF week as well!

Chief, you should have a chat with Lavande, seems like she's the chicken guru of MWO lol. I think you can look her up on the Newbie Nest.

Have a great day/week everyone, enjoy your freedom from AL!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am glad your vacation made you realize the dangers of AL Beachygirl, and now look at you, doing awesome. Thanks for the link to the thread Ginger, I don't believe we are going to have internet access where we are going, that is the part that makes me nervous. But I have 3 months AF under my belt, 10 days should be no problem. But I am beginning to realize how much environment plays such a large role in our quit.

No excuses though! Big congrats Lizann on your AF weekend, you are doing great.

Orimus maybe you could switch to a tobacco pipe? :happy2: My drug of choice is exercise, love the adrenalin rush!

Minstar, Chief, cowboy, sober soul have a great AF week!
        Last edited by open halo; March 10, 2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Hi all! Just home from work, folded my laundry and put away, a quick check in before supper, b-b-que burgers and potato salad! Feels like summer!

OH, when do you leave for your holiday? And you have over 2 months AF, 10 days will be a cakewalk, one day at a time! Do you have MWO mobile on your phone?
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Busy productive day. I should be tired, but like you cowboy, this time change thing is gonna take a bit of getting used to! Kept it classy tonight, no al

Comment

Just me, myself and I hanging here I guess. Still AF.

Comment

Sorry I've been so MIA lately. This caregiving is exhausting and time consuming. Still AF here though. I'm reading threads whenever I get a chance but it's hard to post much using my phone so I avoid that when possible. Mom has another month before she sees the doc again. She has to stay in the nursing home rehab until she can put weight on the leg so we are looking forward to April 9. Hopefully the doc will release her to go home then. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Pauly, SS, Minstar where are you guys? I miss reading your posts.

Comment

Lizann, you are not alone!!! Hanging out with you as well, although I will be MIA in two days. Thanks for the positive thoughts cowboy, you are right I can do this! I do not have the app on my phone, am not tech savy unfortunately, and will not be taking my phone with me on holiday. Hoping to have access to a computer if there is one available there to check in here. I am doing so well, I don't want to let my family down and most importantly me.

The thread has been a bit on the quiet side, hope everyone is doing well. Sending positive thoughts and vibes to everyone. Glad it is feeling like summer cowboy, beachygirl has been sending sun our way and it seems to be working!:welldone:

:thanks: beachygirl!

Ginger, minstar, sobersoul, chief, ormius and anyone else I missed , wishing you the absolute best...

Comment

Open, where did you say you were going?

Comment

Howdy folks, nothing profound to say, like Liz, still AF! For some unknown reason, I really think this is my last quit. I feel so much more accepting of myself as a non-drinker, can't think of anything that would change that, and believe me, I've been through most all of it...

I'm like Ginger, read a lot on MWO on my phone during the day, but hate posting on it...guess I should carry along my IPad or tablet, but I also don't like how MWO looks on the IPad either! Too darn fussy I guess lol.

Not much new on my end, looking forward to the snow being gone and servicing the lawnmowers! Green is better than white any day...The winters seem to be getting longer and colder, or maybe I'm just getting older lol!

Would really love to see pauly, SS, min, and a few others pop in from time to time, not sure why, but I get to worrying over prolonged absences...

Thanks for being here for me all you threaders, and enjoy your freedom!

Comment

Hi guys - I am busy also.... life. So good to have life to interfere with my computer time.

My son is off for spring break, so I took a few days off of work so we could have time together. We usually go away for a warm holiday, but this year decided he needed his braces and we certianly could not afford both. He better appreciate that nice smile when we are done - hehe.

Great day of tennis. Of course, he beat me and I am pooped from chasing the ball all over. But we did have alot of laughs.

Glad to see a few of us here and well.
                        Glad you are liking the sunshine I sent. It is so pretty isnt it? Enjoy.

Hope the others check in as well - we are here for you!!

BG

Comment

BG, it is good to be busy isn't it! So many days I wished the day would end so I could crack open a "cold one", or maybe even cracked one or two while I was working, but now by staying busy, my mind is focussed on other things.

OH, wishing you a fantastic AF holiday, have fun, relax, and enjoy! Even us non-drinkers know how to relax and have fun without drinking. I bet you're sitting there wondering what to pack and making sure everyone else packs the right things lol. Bubba and I are looking forward to our 4 days in Vancouver at the end of April visiting the girls!

Ginger, no plans of RV'ing till mom is home safe and sound?

I pm'd SS and min this morning, checking up on them lol. And I wanted to say (and I hope it's not to presumptuous)

On your 2 month milestone SoberSoul!

Comment

Howdy ho friends! In a pretty good mood today, work went well and got home early to spend an hour outside playing frisbee with Hank! And any day when I get cheques in the mail from customers is a great day.

Liz, how's the new floor coming along? Out of the kitchen for a while again I'm guessing.

Seems like our thread is dwindling, but I'm going to stay posting here as my main thread as I feel most at home here. The rest of us regulars have to keep the thread alive and well I guess.

Comment

BG, tennis with your son. Sounds like fun! I'm not any good at tennis, hubby loves it. He took me twice! And that's that. I don't know why that man puts up with me?
                              Cowboy, I'm with you. I love watching the snow melt. I walked at work today, outside. What a mess! Puddles and mud everywhere.
                              OH, have a great vacation.
                              Ginger, thanks for taking the time to check in. Like cowboy was asking, any trips on the horizon?
                              Cravings wrecking their havoc on me today. I did not cave! It was a stressful day at work, what with the state doing their inspections, short staffed, computer issues and a ton of patients! I came home and just ate!! Thanks for being here guys and keeping me accountable!
                              Hubby and BIL will continue work on the kitchen floor. It's a mess again, but at least I didn't have to cook. Have good AF night.

Comment

Liz, I had your same floor. It must have been a classic back in the day. Glad you managed to get through your rough day AF. Always feels good, doesn't it?

Our next trip is a mid April fishing trip. This will be with the big drinking group. I used to be right in there keeping up with the best of them. Glad that's behind me.

Mom is starting to like the rehab place and said today she's in no hurry to go home. I bet if we weren't there at her beck and call, she'd change her mind pretty dang quick! LOL

Hope you are all staying close on threads some where on mwo. We need mwo and mwo needs us!

Comment

Working...
                                X