Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Cowboy - we are not dwindling... I will still post here as my main thread also. I love you guys.

Just been a busy time. Spring break, and I have started my practicum for my course, as well as working full time. I am not sure how I am surviving - but the end is in sight.

I am AF and never would have been able to do this (properly) if not. Today is 90 days - whoot whoot. I had to look at the NN day count and saw Elvis had congratulated me. Funny...I just feel like it has always been this way now. I am still very aware though and do focus on the changes and have plans and strategies in place. Seems every day there is some AL being thrown in our faces. Magazines, TV, friends, comments at work. Maybe I am just more aware? But I do feel strong,

Like you Cowboy, I FEEL this is it. It is different. Last time I "quit" it was just to lose weight before a trip - where I promptly drank it all back in 2 weeks’ time. This time I have stopped for a completely different reason. I want to be healthy. I want to set an example for my son. I wanted to feel alive again - and I do!

Thanks for being here for me as I have gone through my first (and last) 90 days. You guys have been my support, advice column and friends!

I hope I can repay to each of you the strength and support you have given me. :thanks:

Comment

Congratulations on 90 days, BG! You are a rock star and I'm so glad to know you. Carry on!

Comment

Morning all, popping in this morning to take on my cheerleading roll again and say

Beachgirly on your 3 month milestone!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

BG, congratulations on 90 days. You are certainly an inspiration to me. You have so much going on. What course are you taking? I am sure your son is very proud of you. I agree with al everywhere, as I sit here typing there is a dishwasher commerical on tv and they are using a wine glass, seriously? It's everywhere.
          Good morning Ginger. Glad mom is doing so well
          Cowboy, our fabulous cheerleader, how are you today? Not in the mood for the cheer outfit, I guess.
          Windy outside today, so sadly I will have to run on the treadmill. Feeling strong today, but I will be cautious. Have a good Thursday, I will check in later.

Comment

Hello friends, windy here too Liz and it's got my allergies all crazy, pollen everywhere! Beachy,congratulations on 90 days hello to Cowboy, Ginger, OH and everyone, enjoy your day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly! Missed you around here. Glad you're back.

Comment

HI Pauly - so happy to see you.

Thanks everyone for the congrats :thanks:

Comment

Congratulations on 90 days BG!!!! You sound great.

Off to work. I was suppose to have today off but they asked me if I wanted to work.

Have a good day everyone. I'll post later on.

Don

Comment

Chief, I have missed you! Off to work for me too! Check in later.

Comment

Going to be a busy day! Off to Mom's, babysit 4 year old granddaughter (help from hubs) and two dr appts. Is this what retirement was supposed to look like? Hmmmm

Still AF and happy about that! Have a great day and an even better AF weekend!

Comment

Hello friends, having a can't get with it morning!stupid allergies making me groggy and sneezy,lucky I'm off today and hoping I'll feel better tomorrow, I just want to thank you guys for being here for me Cowboy, Beachy for the pm's and Ginger for checking in on me via Facebook, you guys are the best!you didn't give up on this poor girl and helped me to get back on my feet, none of my other friends on MWO even bothered, I guess they've heard it all before, thanks again guys

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

GMAE all. Congrats on your 90 days BG!

Most people I know who are retired tell me the same thing Ginge - they're busier now than when they were working! Those golden years . . .

Feel for you there Chief. My day off and I'm sitting here on a conference call. Go figure.

Just a quick check in before I head off on retreat. Never thought I'd be volunteering to wake up at 5 am on the weekend! :0) Happy AF weekend all!
                          Last edited by Orimus; March 13, 2015, 12:23 PM.
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                            Hello friends, having a can't get with it morning!stupid allergies making me groggy and sneezy,lucky I'm off today and hoping I'll feel better tomorrow, I just want to thank you guys for being here for me Cowboy, Beachy for the pm's and Ginger for checking in on me via Facebook, you guys are the best!you didn't give up on this poor girl and helped me to get back on my feet, none of my other friends on MWO even bothered, I guess they've heard it all before, thanks again guys
                            Gee Pauly, I'm so sorry! I was posting here and on the steppers forum trying to be supportive. I do care about you and I am glad you are doing better, well outside of the allergies.

Comment

Oh Liz, I know you were concerned, a lot of folks asked where I was, I just wanted to say thanks to those 3 just so they know their efforts weren't for nothing, I appreciate ALL my friends on MWO, did the flooring get put in?

Comment

Hey Pauly, I always ask about you. I go away
                                For pretty long stretches of time because I worl and travel so much, and nobody notices or asks and that's ok...they know I am busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X